Check out some AC/DC stuff, it's all pretty easy though you may have a little trouble with some of the solo's if you're just starting out. Take it slow at first and I'm sure you could work it through though.
^Yeah, AC/DC is a good place to start, especially since TS is an AC/DC fan. Highway to Hell is a pretty good song to start with.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers... the first song I learned all the way through.

Great song also.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
What kinda music do you like?

And as long as you can fairly easily play powerchords then there'll be alot available to you, also anything by Nirvana, Blink 182 or Green Day would be an easy place to start from.
Just another star
except you dont do open on the low c string you do it on the f string
but the only downside is it doesnt have a solo
Surfing with the Alien.

All you need to know is to strum a couple little notes with minimal hammer-ons. It's a total beginner song.
Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd

*Rhythm part*
*Has a solo part*
Quote by offspring_punk
9/10 Bobo Jenkins just sounds godly in general. I think I'll name my firstborn child that. Male or female.
Yep, a lot of the Nirvana, Green Day, AC/DC songs will really help you get the basics down while playing something you are familiar with.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
Surfing with the Alien.

All you need to know is to strum a couple little notes with minimal hammer-ons. It's a total beginner song.

get back under your bridge troll boy
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
get back under your bridge troll boy

I hardly think 'Get Back Under Your Bridge' by Troll Boy is an easy song to recommend to anyone.

It's got way too many complex and unfathomable parts to it, not to mention the fact the solo part is totally out of time with the rest of the music.
yeah, Smells Like Teen Spirit for sure. First song I ever learned. Or Truth, by Seether
Haste the Day- Breaking my own heart
Guitar:
Les Paul Epiphone standard plus tigerwood sunburst (should rot it a damp closet)
Amp: Fender 15W Tube Amp Jr. Blues, Luv it
Effects: Still Looking
$$Funds For Gibson Les Paul Studio Gold Hardware *Wine Red*$$

6700$/800$$
Cannot agree more with AC/DC and Nirvana. Good songs and not too hard to play overall. A few Smashing Pumpkins songs, such as Disarm, are fun and not all that hard to play (I have found.)
shook me all night - acdc
The solo is all minor pentatonic, and the whole thing is pretty easy, and fun to play
inb4 iron man

lawl. good song to start on.

slower metallica is fun, and it usually helps you learn well.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Quote by dfinch10
smells like teen spirit

Yep, easy song and easy solo. Also, your introduced to power chords.
"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."

~ Kurt Cobain ~
i've only just started playing, started about 3 weeks ago, im rubbish but i got a lot of patience & a lot of determination!! the first song i am trying to play is "machines" by biffy clyro (ha i'll get there in the end)
Eagles-Hotel California, Smoke on the water, or Blackbird are a relatively easy songs
006 Schecter
Epiphone PR 250
Celebrity (Ovation)