I am going to buy a MIM HSS Strat soon to play Eric Clapton,Linkin Park, And tht kind of stuff... Whats a good amp thats under $150?? Something probably, uhh, just for practice and jamming at home..
can't-believe-i'm-saying-this--but-what-the-hell....a crappy Line 6.....

no jk jk....

uhhhhhhhh

The Peavey Bandit or something in the transtube family should be good.
For thatkind of stuff, go with a Vypyr.
Ibanez S520EX ~ Roland Cube 30X ~ Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm
Marshall MG. **** wat everyone else says. its cheap.

and btw linkin park isnt a very smart choice. it would be better to use a band where the guitarist is actually GOOD and doesnt sometimes play a 7 string
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by GODhimself37
Marshall MG. **** wat everyone else says. its cheap.

and btw linkin park isnt a very smart choice. it would be better to use a band where the guitarist is actually GOOD and doesnt sometimes play a 7 string

How is Brad not any good?

Peavey Vypyr.
Quote by SchecterZV
How is Brad not any good?

Peavey Vypyr.

tell me one song that is difficult. or where the guitar TRULY stands out
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by GODhimself37

Linkin Park is a huge band thats been around for years.

Don't stay has one of my favorite riffs in it, it's huge.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
"Eric Clapton,Linkin Park, And tht kind of stuff..." doesn't really help us considering thats saying blues and nu-metal is the same type of stuff. More bands could help...
Quote by GODhimself37

just because you are good, the songs with your band dont have to be hard.

the first example that comes to mind: whenever buckethead went on tour with GNR, whenever they were playing a song (not when buckethead was doing his "stunt" songs) im pretty sure buckethead was playing rhythm. Now, ask yourself this, "is buckethead a bad guitarist? why is he playing rhythm?".

the answer is of course, just because you are good, it doesnt mean you play the hardest thing you can play all the time. you play what your bands songs are, if that is a screaming shred riff, or a slow chord progression.

EDIT- I'M NOT TAKING THE SIDE OF LINKIN PARK, I'M JUST STATING THAT.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
If you can stretch your budget to $200, that will help open up your options a bit. Either way, look at Peavey Vypyrs and Roland Cubes. If you can go used, that will help you out as well. It ultimately comes down to what sounds best to you. Do you plan on playing with other people at all?
Quote by spacepirate
If you can stretch your budget to $200, that will help open up your options a bit. Either way, look at Peavey Vypyrs and Roland Cubes. If you can go used, that will help you out as well. It ultimately comes down to what sounds best to you. Do you plan on playing with other people at all?

Eventually, So whats a good Amp to buy Now.. Just as Practice because im js starting out... AND whats a good Amp to buy later on?
Quote by freshflip1322
Eventually, So whats a good Amp to buy Now.. Just as Practice because im js starting out... AND whats a good Amp to buy later on?

Well...

For one hundred you could easily get a microcube: http://www.amazon.com/Roland-M-cube-MicroCube-Amplifier-Black/dp/B0002D0096

Or for 200$ a Peavey Vypyr 30: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482909

The Vypyr has a better sound, or sound I've found from online videos, can get louder, and has a larger variety of sounds. It should definitely be able to play everything.

I have a MicroCube. Its pretty nice, but not all that versatile. Get it over something like a Line 6 Spider III or a Marshall MG.

Any other questions?

*check your other thread as well*
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
I own a cube and I love it bt had the Vyper been around when i purchased the cube I would have defintely went for that amp instead.
Check out the 6 part video demo of the Vyper 30 on the Peavey website.
It's pretty impressive for such a little package...

My philosophy on gear is to try to get the best thing you can (even if it means you have to wait a bit to save for the better quality gear). I find that in the long run it saves money, and you'll be a happier player!

Vote VYPER 30!!!

EDIT - I had a Marshall MGDFX 50 for a while and although it did sound great they are not very versatile.
•1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom, PRS Mark Holcomb Ltd Run, 2004 Les Paul Classic, Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Stndrd

•Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
•PRS Archon
•Kemper Amp Profiler
Last edited by LTD-live at Mar 15, 2009,
Vypyr. and I love how this can turned into a Linkin Park discussion.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I got a used Peavey Bandit 112 for 160, but it didn't come with a pedal. It's pretty versatile too.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Quote by theoreticmusic
Vypyr. and I love how this can turned into a Linkin Park discussion.

Linkin Park rules.

Vypyr, Cube or Vox VT.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.