my birthday isn't for ages, but i like to think about the things i could ask for...

& i already have a 7 string guitar - me & my mate want to start a band (using 7 strings) but he hasn't got one, & i was thinking i could get one for my birthday & he could use it (but i wouldn't get it just for him to play, i'd still play it & maybe mod it or whatever)...

i also thought about just getting new pickups for my current 7 string, it has EMG 707's & i was wondering if the EMG 81-7 & 60-7 would be a good choice for swapping...

& as well, i thought about getting a couple effects pedals, which would probably be some sort of delay & something else, but not sure yet...

anyway, im not possitive if this is the right place for it, but im hoping it is!

what do you think i should do??
get the Boss Metal Zone pedal if ur goin for a distorted sound and a MXR carbon delay pedal is amazing for delay
and the best 7 string pickups are the ones u already have
the 707's
personally i always try to get new effects but thats because i play a lot of different styles of music.... you have to think if you will really use that delay pedal or phaser or whatever u get
Quote by sbinlb
personally i always try to get new effects but thats because i play a lot of different styles of music.... you have to think if you will really use that delay pedal or phaser or whatever u get

i probably will use some delay, as i really like Fear Factory stuff when they use the clean channel with a little bit of delay, i just love it
Well ya all i use is a distortion, slight chorus, delay and sometimes a slight subtle phaser
if you have good pickups and youlike/want a delay pedal then go for it
i was also thinking about maybe a Seymour Duncan Blackout in the bridge, but wouldn't be sure about what to go with in the neck - but it's more likely i'll go with one of the other choices then switch pickups

for the band that im going to make with my friend, i was hoping we'd sound a bit like a mix of Unearth & Fear Factory, so any recommendations for pedals or whatever for sounds like them?