Backup Guitar.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Immediately launch into a guitar solo.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
That's were knowing your way around the fretboard helps. You will be able to know how to play the same things just in different positions.
Quote by biga29
Backup Guitar.

This. Always bring a backup. No one wants to wait 10 minutes for you to go get your gig back and get a new string and string your guitar.
usually for me, the only time i break strings is during tuning. That means im not in the middle of a song, so i can switch guitars.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
That's were knowing your way around the fretboard helps. You will be able to know how to play the same things just in different positions.

doesn't always work, but yeah this is sometimes an effective solution. For me it depends on whether I can finish the song without the string, if not I switch to a backup guitar ASAP and have the band tech guy replace the string. If i can finish the song I do the same thing after the song is over.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by GuitarFreak1387

Happened to me and that's what I did, though I did miss some notes on a few songs :/
That's what's good about not having a predetermined setlist
You say, "Oops I broke a string," and you start playing a few slower songs and get used to it
Quote by Moggan13
Personally, i'd buy her a can of Coke, then as she's drinking it say to her "Whats better than Coca Cola?" She'll go "What?" and you shout "CREAM SODA!" And ejaculate in her can.
Last edited by funyguy1357: 147 times : 3-01-08 at 08:17 PM.
Quote by GuitarFreak1387

that can be dangerous if you have a floating bridge because it can throw off the tuning of the other strings. eddie van halen always has a guy off stage that has a backup guitar ready and they throw the guitars to each other simuntaniously and he is immediately ready to continue playing.
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
do what Clapton did and replace the string on stage while the audience claps
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Break the rest and smash your guitar and start a mosh pit.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Get strings made out of diamonds.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by Fryer Mike
In Soviet Russia, string break you!

this
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Grabbed my backup to great applause from the ladies in the audience ;-) Nothing can daunt me!

Funny thing too, the first time I broke a string at a show my singer/rhythm player broke a string 20 seconds later. Except we stopped playing the song when he broke it... nobody gives a shiat about me xD
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N
I tried to play through, at the end of the song, I got a friends guitar to fill in for my own.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Happened to me once, while covering For the Love of God and a company christmas party talent show. I was almost at the end of the song though might have had like 20 secs left. Even if my guitar hadn't gone out of tune from the fact it had a floating trem, since all the notes I needed to play where so high up on the fretboard involving the high e which broke it would have been pointless to try and continue.
Guitars: Ibanez RG2550, RG920QM, SZ520QM
Amp: Marshall Haze 15, Eminence Man-O-War Speaker
Effects: Digitech RP250, DIY Keeley Mod DS-1, Jemini
Quote by sw1ss023
Break the rest and smash your guitar and start a mosh pit.

this
signed,
your favorite poster
it once happened to the other guitarist in my band
what he did is finish the song avoiding that string playing the same notes on other string
and after we finished the song, he used the backup guitar
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
just keep playing. if you really know your fretboard then it is no problem
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings: