I'm looking to upgrade my amp to a 212 head and cabinet in the 1000 to 1500$ price range, but I'm kinda overwhelmed by the options.

I am fine going used, actually, it doesnt matter. Just needs to be 212, head and cab with good speakers.

I'm looking for a Gary Moore type blues lead sound, or an Andy Timmons type lead tone, and a warm, strong clean channel good for jazz. Basically a perfect players amp.

Thanks in advance.
Get a MG instead.

Then you can tell others about its CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
Yo Bro Your So Original^

Sorry, had to do that once in a lifetime.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Quote by wair138
Get a MG instead.

Then you can tell others about its CRUSHING OVERDRIVE.

Shut the hell up I don't need to hear your smartass comments. I'm just looking for some honest opinions to point me in a good direction.
well gary moore uses engl amps, and timmons uses mesas, so start with those two for examples. i dont know how well mesas can do blues, but they should cover the lead tone criteria nicely as well as the clean tone criteria for the most part. try looking for youtube demos or website demos for ne amps by those brands
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
The Mesa Lonestar is awesome on blues.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by prsrulz91
well gary moore uses engl amps, and timmons uses mesas, so start with those two for examples. i dont know how well mesas can do blues, but they should cover the lead tone criteria nicely as well as the clean tone criteria for the most part. try looking for youtube demos or website demos for ne amps by those brands

actually, gary moore's tone is marshall-fueled, mainly
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by guitarsftw
actually, gary moore's tone is marshall-fueled, mainly

really? because i keep hearing that he likes using engl amps. well my apologies if I am wrong on this one. either way engl amps r still worth checkin out TS
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Quote by prsrulz91
really? because i keep hearing that he likes using engl amps. well my apologies if I am wrong on this one. either way engl amps r still worth checkin out TS

Engl amps im pretty sure are meant for heavy modern distortion.

However they do have a classic amp series and a richie blackmore signature.
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace. If you can live without onboard reverb, you might love it

EDIT: Also check out the Mesa Expess line
You may consider Splawn and Dr.Z amps. Both can be found for at or less give or take a bit of your price range. Im actually in the same boat, I too am looking for a decent tube amp for rock with a great clean around $1500.

Hope this helps!
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
fender Super Sonic would also be a good option as well... fender cleans to believable high gain.
"If the blues are a living thing, Charlie Patton and Robert Johnson taught it how to walk; Muddy and Howlin' Wolf taught it to run and Stevie and Eric may have made it rock but it was T-Bone Walker who made it electric."
Look at Bogner. An Alchemist or maybe even a used Shiva. Their other stuff is great, too.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410