can some one give me some melody techniques?
Guitars:
Ibanez RG5EX1 (Dropped C)

Aria Pro II XR (Dropped A)

Amp:
Line 6 Spider III (Chugg'oMatic)
what do u mean, like some ideas on how to come up with a melody?
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
well, melody is more how you feel it. I don't know any particular technique about it and I don't think there is.
Sorryz for me bad engrish.

Quote by OnlyIbanez12
I just cut myself shaving my pubes...
you just have to feel it. if u already have lyrics, its best to invision how u want it song and match a guitar melody to the notes. if u want just a vocal melody, do wat i said, find rhythm guitar to the melody, then just do the vox instead of the guitar melody. if u want both, then find guitar melody for vox, use it to find a great harmony, then do the vox with the harmony. it works for me but other ppl use different methods.
Read my sig

I'm only about halfway through all my blogs, there's about 3 to come specifically on melody. Then another two on combining melody and lyrics (to do with meter and lyrical rhthym). I'll probably post a few more in a few weeks when I'm on holidays.
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
^^^Looks like some pretty extensive and helpful advice. I'll have to read through the whole thing pretty soon here.

Melody is tough TS, everything can be developed through practice, but it's difficult to get a good feel for melody through anything other than pure practice. Do what comes naturally and do it often. Be willing to finish the melody for a song then completly throw it out when it's no good. That's just a chance to write a new one and get more practice.

I say let it flow naturally at first, then consider a few things when you go to revise the melody:

Does it have a hook?
Do the vox and guitar melodies create a "tone" and "mood" that match the lyrical content of the song?
Is the melody too redundant?
Does the melody lack a sense of movement?
Lack a sense of resolution?
lack dynamics or a variety of expressive techniques?

You can keep adding to the list, but my point is to just let the melody come and then after creating it jump head-first into revision based on these types of issues. For me it's the least mechanical and qualifiable part of song writing. Even now, I start on a song and I can't tell if the melody will be garbage or gold until it's finished and I've had time to really hear it over with the above things in mind. Practice will, of course, make you better at this over time, even if the process is kind of mysterious.