as some of you know/helped me with, i was gonna paint a guitar, but my sander broke with like 5 minutes left, well im fixing or getting a new sander this week and hopefully painting my guitar this week, im getting all the electronics Im gonna need to put the guitar back together, im using pretty much everything that was in it before, but, I was thinking of putting some type of light in between the two pickups, im pretty useless with electronics, but i was thinking of doing some type of really basic switch with a battery and colored light bulb under the strings, like in between the pickups, and i know id have to route the wires through and everything, but i think i can handle that, but what type of light will like use the smallest battery and will shine the brightest, i was going to install some type or really simple switch to shut the light on and off, i dont have enough skills to make the pickup selector switch or have something go into the input jack that turns it on, so ya waht type of light bulb will like use the smallest battery and will shine the brightest and whats likea a really easy switching thing to do

thanks haha
i think having a light bulb would interfere with the pick ups most likely making a hum. LEDs are the way to go I think.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
I know pretty much nothing about different lights but it strikes me you 'd use LED's.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by PussyPunk182
I know pretty much nothing about different lights but it strikes me you 'd use LED's.

why? low heat. can be bright. easy with wire up, one of the most easiest components to use.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
im going to prove my useless ness of electronics, so uhh.... what exactly are LED's, i know they use them for the lights on like small stuff like pedals and power lights on like appliances and stuff, but how/where would i get these, like home depot or something??
LED stands for "light emitting diode." A diode is a thingy that only lets electronics flow in one direction, so you have to make sure you wire the terminals right, otherwise it won't work. You can get them from pretty much anywhere; Taco Bell, Toys R Us, Planned Parenthood...
well first of all I'm from UK so i can't help you where to get them from the US. LED (light emitting diode is, well, a diode that emits a light. basic idea of a diode is a component which lets the electrical current travel in one direct through it.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
well funguy - home depot is pretty much like umm... appliance/basic hardware store.... i donno if you have lowe's or sears in the uk,
how would i power the light? and how would it turn off or on?
Radio Shack is phasing out their small switches and things but they normally have a good assortment of small switch indicator lights. Some are actually lighted switches. If you can't find it in a local store the small parts are still available on their website. They'll even order it in the store for you mailed to your home.
power would be from a battery. You'll have to wire up a resistor circuit so you don't blow the LEDs though.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
power would be from a battery. You'll have to wire up a resistor circuit so you don't blow the LEDs though.

how would I do that???

Quote by deluthe
Radio Shack is phasing out their small switches and things but they normally have a good assortment of small switch indicator lights. Some are actually lighted switches. If you can't find it in a local store the small parts are still available on their website. They'll even order it in the store for you mailed to your home.

ah.. forgot about radio shack haha, i dont know if this will work, but i was thinking of having the wires go from the light straght down into the already routed place for the pickup wires, then just follow that to a battery in the same back opening as the electronics for the pickups and everything else, im pretty sure the volume pots are in there, haha, i know im a complete moron with electronics lol