have you ever had something that made you all of a sudden suck at guitar? I got the flu for a couple days and didnt play guitar at all. then today i tried playing again and i completely sucked i was just really messy and slow and my fingers were very weak. Have any of you experienced this before or like in a different kind of situation?
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
I started.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
i went on a caving trip in a wild cave (basically crawling over sharp rocks for 7 hours, not a walk in tour guide bull****) an i couldnt play for **** for the rest of the afternoon cause my hands hurt so bad.

But today i woke up and learned most of "for the love of god", so i THINK i might be over it
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Didn't playerofguitar7 have this same question? LOL.

You just need to warm up, and if you still can't play like you were days before... you need to practice more to build and reinforce your technique, me thinks.
This one time, I was playing all sloppy; I kept missing notes or playing entire sections of songs out of tune...

But then I turned on the light.
No, but I had a dream I was playing guitar and tearing it up and when I woke up and started to play it was as if I had already done my warm-ups.....
PSN: Chris_P_Chikin
Quote by Life Is Brutal

If my hands are too cold sometimes,

That too.
This kills my piano playing -_-
I stopped playing for a week because I was sick. The fretboard never felt so big before and the strings never felt so thin.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Life Is Brutal
God lack of pit is making me feel sarcastic... but I won't, wrong forums...

If my hands are too cold sometimes, and sickness usually does it. I can only play at like Half potential if im sick lol.
If ur sayin this thread is supposed to b in the pit then i only put it in here because it wont let me post a thread in there i was gonna post in the pit but i couldn't because it didnt have the post thread button.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
i almost forgot, if i had just got out of the shower and i play guitar within 30 minutes it absolutely rips apart my finger tips.

that happened today, i still could play fine, but bending notes were a bitch.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by bfredder92
If ur sayin this thread is supposed to b in the pit then i only put it in here because it wont let me post a thread in there i was gonna post in the pit but i couldn't because it didnt have the post thread button.

...I'm pretty sure the LACK of a PIT is what he was (very clearly) referring to.
Played bass for a bit before playing, switching guitar to bass never kills me but bass to guitar it feels like i'm just beginning again.
I tried playing still got the blues and parisienne walkways.

Gary moore has unholy vibrato and bending powers.

Cold hands is awful also.
Quote by manhangi
Played bass for a bit before playing, switching guitar to bass never kills me but bass to guitar it feels like i'm just beginning again.

if i play bass for hours on end then switch to guitar it feels wierd cause my bass has horrible action. normally if i just switch without playing a lot on either instrument im fine
Quote by fenderdude41
if i play bass for hours on end then switch to guitar it feels wierd cause my bass has horrible action. normally if i just switch without playing a lot on either instrument im fine

Maybe you've gotten past it. I just play bass occasionally when I get the chance. my fingers work much harder to fret bass for me and there is more arch in my knuckle so it screws with my actual fretting, mainly finding the strings again.
If my hands are too cold sometimes

That.:P My room is in the basement, so if I forgot to turn on the heater, it get cold as turd down there . I try to play, and I can hardly do anything....
jammed my finger, couldnt play for a week.
then it took me another week to get my finger back in shape.
Yeah, there was this one time where I sucked it up really bad...oh wait I always do that. hahaha
Quote by bfredder92
have you ever had something that made you all of a sudden suck at guitar? I got the flu for a couple days and didnt play guitar at all. then today i tried playing again and i completely sucked i was just really messy and slow and my fingers were very weak. Have any of you experienced this before or like in a different kind of situation?

trust me.

i had a fever for 6 days once and didnt play guitar at all, i posted 10 times on the UG forums about this....

god knows when yours will get fixed. mine got fixed once i got a new set of guitar strings for some weird reason..

took about a week to get my guitar playing fixed... after the fever i just couldnt play the fatal tragedy solo, but now look at me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvzW2McqxrQ&feature=channel_page
better than before, eh?
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Didn't playerofguitar7 have this same question? LOL.

You just need to warm up, and if you still can't play like you were days before... you need to practice more to build and reinforce your technique, me thinks.

he did, trust me, he did.

but the only difference was that he was playing the Fatal Tragedy solo.. but later on that got fixed, as you can see in my newest video
I hurt my wrist. But I play still because I am stubborn; thats why it still hurts.

But usually because I'm in school, I don't play as much as I would like, and when I pick up my guitar, I suck so much.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

No.. nothing at all.. except for cold hands.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Well if I'm tired I usually blow. And cold hands.
Proud owner of a Les Paul
Excessive drinking.

I apparently started shouting into the mic and strumming Niel Young's Rockin' in the Free World at an open mic night once after downing a lot of vodka, beer and other household liquids.
oh yeah, sure. when i was at uni, if i tried to play on the friday night after driving home, i was just horrible, as i was really tired.

cold hands, as mentioned already, also can make you suck.

hope you get better soon, don't worry about it, once you feel better and practice a bit more, you'll be fine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was sick for like 2 weeks and when i picked up my guitar again i was extremely rusty. It happens.
Long nails, cold hands. Every once in a while I completely suck ass for an entire day for no reason....
This is the part where you are supposed to be amazed by the awesomeness of my sig.
Quote by guitaristinblac
trust me.

i had a fever for 6 days once and didnt play guitar at all, i posted 10 times on the UG forums about this....

god knows when yours will get fixed. mine got fixed once i got a new set of guitar strings for some weird reason..

took about a week to get my guitar playing fixed... after the fever i just couldnt play the fatal tragedy solo, but now look at me:
better than before, eh?

Wow, that's almost exactly like your TWIN brother, right? Amazing!

And to the TS; things to avoid: cold weather without gloves, working with your hands alot (IE, anything where they can get jammed is a no go) etc.