hello

im going buy either a DSL100 or a JCM900 soon, im looking at this second hand one (JCM900 Dual Reverb) and a Marshall 1960a cab, €800 for the two but could more than likely get him down a bit, and want to know if they are versatile enough to get a range of tones from Hendrix/trowerish vintage crunch tones as well as getting those slightly fresher Joe Bonamassa tones and maybe even SRV'ish type cleans.

i want to be able to get close to those tones and would like to know if the JCM will cut it or would something like a DSL100/50 be a better way to go, bearing in mind that i want to have more than one channel

thanks for any help lads!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
eh it doesn't really pull off old classic rock tones that well, but the DSL might not be much better.

If you go with the DSL go Head/Cab, the 401 has an awful speaker.

I'd suggest looking at other stuff, the 900 and DSL aren't really classic rock oriented amps.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I prefer the DSL over the 900 in tone, the 900 is really modern voiced and has a bunch of gain and really isnt what your looking for. Id get the DSL or look at some other amps...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
I think the DSL100 has a voicing much closer to the Marshall superlead than the JCM900 and would really be much better than the JCM900 for the styles you're talking about.