i want a head for hardcore/punk/some metal. my budget is around 500$. i would just go try some for myself but the most reasonable guitar shop is 40 mins away, thanks
it was something inside, it was something more than ink
klsadjf;laksdjf;lkadjsf;aldskfj;alsdkf more moneys.

used 5150.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Sovtek Mig 100 or 50
You can find them for 350-450 used on Craigslist

Red Bear
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
Last edited by xBOPx at Mar 15, 2009,
Used 5150 they go for around 500 to 800.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
When you say hardcore, do you mean hardcore punk? Like Minor Threat, Germs, Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains? Or like the new meaning of hardcore, which is like metalcore. Like Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, stuff like that.
Quote by The_Bosstone
When you say hardcore, do you mean hardcore punk? Like Minor Threat, Germs, Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains? Or like the new meaning of hardcore, which is like metalcore. Like Killswitch Engage, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, stuff like that.

+1
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by The_Bosstone

+1

I need my Black Flag
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Epiphone LP-100
defffffffffffffffff hardcore punk like have heart, verse(rip), cruel hand, miles away, polar bear club etc., metalcore is lol
it was something inside, it was something more than ink
5150. People doubt it's lower gain tone.
Player, give me some brew an I might just chill
but I'm the type that like to light another joint like Cypress Hill
Quote by zambrano38384
defffffffffffffffff hardcore punk like have heart, verse(rip), cruel hand, miles away, polar bear club etc., metalcore is lol

Get off this fourm and get on b9.

Where you located?

These two amps are what I recommend with your budget.
Peavey Valveking
Sovtek Mig

also Polar Bear Club wails really hard.
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Epiphone LP-100
If you don't need two channels the Peavey Windsor would probably work well. $400 over at MF right now for the head and the cab. Deal of the effin century.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
depending on what you mean by hardcore

used jcm800

used 5150

you probably want the 5150
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

I can't get a low gain sound out of my 5150 for my melodic hardcore band (think sinking ships, ruiner, etc...) and I end up using my hot rod deluxe plus a drive pedal. Sorry to threadjack but I'm looking for an amp with a nice drive but nothing more (Think Gorilla Biscuits Start Today tone)

And yes I'm on the b9 all the time
That loser shit's right out the window!
Quote by The_Bosstone

+1

and make the 40 minute drive, it's no big deal. i drove five hours to try out a bass cab and ended up not getting it, but at least i didn't blow $200 bucks getting it shipped.
Quote by xBOPx
These two amps are what I recommend with your budget.
Peavey Valveking
Sovtek Mig

+1

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come