I recently picked up a DSL 50 and was wondering are there any bands that are using these live that any of you know of. I mean the whole JCM 2000 line, not just the DSL50. The only ones I am aware of are Jeff Beck, Richie Sambora, and Gary Moore. Anybody else that anybody can think of out there?
Steve Mazur from Our Lady Peace did for a while, but not anymore I don't think.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
I would say you can get tones close to the 800 on the crunch channel, not quite but it is very close. I can also get very convincing plexi type tones out of it. I am quite happy with the purchase. I didn't realize there were very many artists using the JCM2000 series. When the JCM800 was out everyone was using them, even quite a few artists using the JCM900, but the 2000 series seems to be very under utilized by professional touring guitarists.
Last edited by mindstealer at Mar 15, 2009,
I know both the guitarists from My Chemical Romance use them, as does Quinn Allman from the Used. Dave Baksh used a DSL50 when he was with Sum 41. Basically 90% of pop/punk bands today will either be using a Mesa or JCM2000.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by SaulnierE
how does it match up to the JCM 800?

Brighter, more open sound. JCM800 is darker, sounds a little compressed in comparison but "ballsier."
Yeah, My Chemical Romance uses them, although their rhythm guitarist uses a JCM 900/800, just to let you know.
Matthew Bellamy from Muse also uses one, IIRC.
But, overall, Shadow is right: most pop/punk bands today are using the JCM 2000.
Quote by shadow__666
Basically 90% of pop/punk bands today will either be using a Mesa or JCM2000 or an Orange.

fixed.

Quote by myXchem
Matthew Bellamy from Muse also used one, IIRC.

also fixed.
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Last edited by spiff389 at Mar 29, 2009,