Ok, it stopped for a while, but now amy LP is doing it again. Whenever I tune the G string, it makes a "chink!" sound if it goes pst a certain point, both tuning up and tuning down. It then tunes way too far up, or way too far down. Is ths problem on the tuning pegs or on the bridge? And what can I do to fix this without buying a new set of tuners?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
the problem is your nut. it needs to be filed out just a bit so that the strings slide freely
lulz

- but really, why would it make a metallica sounding noise if its in the nut? I had my guitar set up by mike lull, one of the best guitar techs in the US, and he did cut the nut, so Im a bit puzzled.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I suggest taking the guitar back to Mike and having him recheck his work. The metallic sound happens when the string is under enough tension to finally break free in the nut slot.
Quote by Vikingx
I suggest taking the guitar back to Mike and having him recheck his work. The metallic sound happens when the string is under enough tension to finally break free in the nut slot.

Alright will do, thanks for the help.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412