I was wanting to get into learning the keyboard, and I was wondering what was a decent one to get? I like the keyboard stuff NIN does, The Graduate, Deftones, In Fear and Faith, Incubus, Muse, some static-x ---- not a lot, 30 seconds to mars. So, i guess something pretty versatile??? I don't know the first thing about em, but I am very interested in learning to play. Any help would be awesome.
You know, I just got a keyboard for christmas, and needless to say, I wanna learn it. It's such an intimidating instrument.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Well,
I would suggest heading over to:
www.tweakheadz.com
www.harmony-central.com

and checking those forums/collums and what not for some good info.

I would say, if your just learning to play that anything will suit you. Just remember the more expensive ones are going to have better keys and sounds. I would stay away from anything with mini keys (microkorg for instance) and try to get something 49 key minimum. Your going to prolly want midi capabilities as well as a usb port once you get the hang of junk, so look for that as well.

Good luck guys,
-Ryan
I've got a keyboard - it's a Yamaha.
It's done me pretty darn well.
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
Well,
I would suggest heading over to:
www.tweakheadz.com
www.harmony-central.com

and checking those forums/collums and what not for some good info.

I would say, if your just learning to play that anything will suit you. Just remember the more expensive ones are going to have better keys and sounds. I would stay away from anything with mini keys (microkorg for instance) and try to get something 49 key minimum. Your going to prolly want midi capabilities as well as a usb port once you get the hang of junk, so look for that as well.

Good luck guys,
-Ryan

The Microkorg is a killer machine. Have it myself and unless you weigh 140 kilo's and have fingers like bricks, the keys are really of no concern. Its a cheapt small version of a synthesizer. Used professionally more then enough. Great for learning how to tweak and stuff. So don't let the small keys scare you.
i have a piece of **** yamaha prs150, and it's done me good, but that is because it has midi, you really need midi and/or usb (and seeing as you dig NIN i guarantee you'll want midi or usb)