I recently acquired an Ibanez RG body (HSS) which i've since stripped of paint and finish, and am about ready to re-paint/finish. I've got some parts ordered already, but I have a question about the bridge. Its routed for a locking tremolo, and the body had the posts already inserted. My question is, did Ibanez use its own weird brand of tremolo, or did it use an actual Floyd Rose, I ask because I don't know if the posts will match up exactly with a Floyd, and I'd like to know before I order one.
Ibanez RGs usually have Edge tremolos, which were originally Licensed Floyds but are a trem in their own right.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
So should the bridge post holes match up like they should if I just plunked a normal Floyd in?
maybe, the floyd system and ibanez system have slight differences, check it before you do anyhting major.
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Ok, i'll do the not-lazy thing and actually look up dimensions and take measurements