This just a part of my awesome piezo setup that I've been working on for quite some time now.

Unfortunatly, the wiring diagram is much cleaner than the actual job. Even though I still can't solder AMAZINGLY well I can manage well enough to get moderately clean joints.

As far as what it does:

-Killswitch toggle that shunts the signal to ground (working on this :P ) for silence
-Volume adjustment
-Low pass tone filter (is that what its actually called?)

I really just was thinking of things to do with my little project box and just started soldering together stuff (I know I know...) and about half way through hooking a piezo pickup into a mono jack I figured... well why don't I make a tone volume box. And since I had some spdt switches laying around I thought, well I'll make it killswitch-able why not?

Took some pots off an old pickguard laying around doing nothing and went to work.

Few things that I need a little advice on.

1) It has some audible buzzing that I attribute to grounding issues, as there is no ground in the circuit (IE an earth ground in a house) whats the next best thing? Also I know its a ground buzz because it instantly goes away when I touch any ground or the 1/4" mono jack plugged into either side.

2) The pots are pretty old and crackle a bit and they are rated at 500k, is this a good rating and should I just replace them or clean them?

Thoughts comments on my first actual circuitry? (even as primitive as it is)
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
so, is this your preamp? It looks like a simple P-bass circuit with a .47k cap on it.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Its whats going to go after the preamp
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel