Heyy

I have an ibanez RG series, i LOVE the feel, but the sound is just blah.. i cant get sustain either with it.

Any idea on a guitar that feels like an ibanez, and sounds like a les paul, and also looks And also needs a floyd rose.

The thing about les pauls i find the spacing between the strings bigger (Between them not the action) So shredding and stuff is alot harder. Strats i never had a problem with for that , but i didnt like strats feel.

So yea any suggestions :P
If you do not mind having double cuts, go for the Ibanez S series.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
if you want to stick with Ibanez, my SZ720FM is killer. i dont know what your price range is, but they arent too bad. mid range i spose (i think i paid 800 four years ago). my amp blows for a marshall (mg series...) and the guitar still sounds great.
Buy a streamline LP, and put everything from your Ibanez neck on it?

Have you ever owned a Gibson style guitar?
They grow on you believe me.
Quote by na10tbolt
Go for an ESP EC?

my eclipse feels nothing like my RG550. string spacing, scale length, neck grip, fret access, neck width, fret sizing etc. they completely feel different
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-SE-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar?sku=520056
either that

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/PRS-Guitars-SE-Paul-Allender-Electric-Guitar?sku=514471
this

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sterling-by-Music-Man-JP50-Electric-Guitar?sku=580993
Or this, I am actually going to buy this guitar. I have wanted a John Petrucci Music Man for a while, this is the same thing with downgrades. For $600 dollars, I am going to take it.

Other than that, there are some Agiles with FR's and I think Kramer is coming out with an FR les paul. Keep your eyes out for them, I am sure they will be killer.

EDIT: By the way, I know those guitars don't have FR's but you can put locking tuners on them so that they won't go out of tune.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Last edited by CarbonDeath at Mar 16, 2009,
lol, the topic title sounds like this in my ears:

You want a les paul with a cheap toy feel?

Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
What about the Ibanez lawsuit guitars? I'm sure you could pick one up off of eBay.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
A Les Paul with a Floyd Rose and Wizard neck isn't easy to come by. Some things need to be made apparent;
A Les Paul with a Floyd Rose would not sound properly like a Les Paul. The sustain would die and the routing would rob it of a lot of wood at the most crucial point on the body; the centre. The tone would be compromised. The Wizard neck and high-access heel you're after as well would rob the guitar of neck to body contact meaning even more sacrifice in resonance.
Tone and playability often have to come to a compromise with each other, I find.

I'd reccomend the ESP/LTD Eclipse series for their thin necks and jumbo frets but there's no Floyd.
Perhaps you should save up and commision, say, one of UGs many talented amateur luthiers. Or even save up more and comission one of the professionals. It's the best way of getting exactly ehat you need.
To be honest, I'm surprised this gap in the market still exists.
I suppose an Ibanez S Series would suit you, with its mahogany body, but the tone will still be much too thin and the stock pickups too high output.
Nothing with a Floyd Rose will sustain like a Les Paul. Period. As for the sound, toss the stock pickups from your entry-level RG and replace them with something fatter and more powerful. You won't recognize the guitar after that.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
you want a 25.5" scaled thin necked guitar with a floyd rose with the tone and sustain of a les paul?

you've basically eliminated all the elements that makes the les paul what it is.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Mar 16, 2009,
a carvin maybe?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
get a ibanez neck and buy a cheap epiphone les paul
then get you and a friend and throw the guitars really hard at eachother and they should join together
JUST JOKING
remove the neck off the ibanez and put it on the lp
the scale lengths are different so the intonation would be out.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
You have to many opposites you will need to resolve. LP fixed bridge sustain but with FR? The tone of a 24.75 scale guitar but with a 25.5 scale? A super thin neck like an ibanez but in a guitar not known for thin necks? The LP sounds like a LP because its not made anything like a ibanez. Closest you might get is a warmoth where you can get a FR and a thin ibanez style neck. But dont expect it to sound like a LP or play like an ibanez.
Quote by satcre3
get a ibanez neck and buy a cheap epiphone les paul
then get you and a friend and throw the guitars really hard at eachother and they should join together
JUST JOKING
remove the neck off the ibanez and put it on the lp

LPs and decent copies of LPs have set necks!
Moving on.....
Agiles make some with thin profile necks.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Rock Pig
A Les Paul with a Floyd Rose and Wizard neck isn't easy to come by. Some things need to be made apparent;
A Les Paul with a Floyd Rose would not sound properly like a Les Paul. The sustain would die and the routing would rob it of a lot of wood at the most crucial point on the body; the centre. The tone would be compromised. The Wizard neck and high-access heel you're after as well would rob the guitar of neck to body contact meaning even more sacrifice in resonance.
Tone and playability often have to come to a compromise with each other, I find.

I'd reccomend the ESP/LTD Eclipse series for their thin necks and jumbo frets but there's no Floyd.
Perhaps you should save up and commision, say, one of UGs many talented amateur luthiers. Or even save up more and comission one of the professionals. It's the best way of getting exactly ehat you need.
To be honest, I'm surprised this gap in the market still exists.
I suppose an Ibanez S Series would suit you, with its mahogany body, but the tone will still be much too thin and the stock pickups too high output.

i've got a les paul copy with a floyd rose that sustains just as well as LP's without floyd's.

+1 to the guy suggesting the EC with the floyd, it was just released this year.
Last edited by Chad11491 at Mar 16, 2009,
Quote by Chad11491
i've got a les paul copy with a floyd rose that sustains just as well as LP's without floyd's.
Sorry, you don't.
Quote by ch0
Sorry, you don't.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!
owned

mayeb get a les paul and shave the neck?

also, gibson have a line of floyd rose equipped les pauls from pics of NMAA i saw recently