Heyy

What is a decent amp for around 300 dollars, line 6 i seem to like, any ideas?
Well, if you say Line 6 around here you get ass raped. Really, its all up to you, go to a music store and try a few out. And give some more specifics. Like what you play, your current set up..Etc...
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Try the Peavey Vypyr before you try the Spider...
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
save up an extra 70 or so and bet a B52 112
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
For $300, I assume you're thinking a Line6 Spider, in which case, don't.

The Vox Valvetronix is similar to the Spider, but much better. Check it out. And a Peavey Vypyr. I personally don't care for them, but everyone else round here loves them.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Maybe hes thinking of the line6 flextone
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Maybe hes thinking of the line6 flextone

In that case i am all for his decision.
Although the Vypyr is an amazing choise as well.
Its so versatile it even has effects such as Ring modulation and reverse echo.
Im getting the 30 watt version as soon as i save up as a practice amp for when i don't feeling like burning the midnight Tube.

May i also add it has 12 amps with both Clean And Drive channels for each.
what genres do you play, willing to go used?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by shadow__666
For $300, I assume you're thinking a Line6 Spider, in which case, don't.

The Vox Valvetronix is similar to the Spider, but much better. Check it out. And a Peavey Vypyr. I personally don't care for them, but everyone else round here loves them.

+1
if ur thinking line 6 flextone, then go ahead, but stay away from the spiders.

to me they just sound digital and "fake" almost.
Quote by son of anarchy
if ur thinking line 6 flextone, then go ahead, but stay away from the spiders.

to me they just sound digital and "fake" almost.

not only do they sound lifeless, but when compared to many other modeling amps, they lack in features. go with a peavey vypyr, or a used randall or soemthing
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Depending what you are looking for, I would recommend a used Fender Blues Jr for rock/blues (not metal). If you want a more versatile modeling amp in that price range, I would try a Fender Super Champ XC. I have played a Line 6 spyder, and in my opinion, the Super champ blows it out of the water. Most the other amps people have suggested in this thread are popular choices to try, but I haven't played them, so I cannot comment.
Try to also check out the Fender VIbro champ.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.