Hey

Iam on the look for an new acoustic guitar but whit pickups in it
price limit is 300-400dollar

These are the guitars ive been looking at the local music store.
iam mostly into the Ibaneze guitar it seems to have some nice specs,but the opinions on this site are kinda biased some say it's just fancy and shiny,some say it sounds good,Crafter i allso thought where a decent brand of guitar(thats just the general impression ive gotten) same as tanglewood.

and the Cort guitar i choose allso cause i have a cheapo cort guitar Cort Ad-850 no pickups which i really like.
There arent too many other guitar here that has pickups in them so these are mainley my choices.

i mainley play rock'ish stuff

CRAFTER GAE-7-N ( i think it's a mistype should be GAE-8)
http://www.musikaffarn.com/gae_6_n_large.jpg

IBANEZ EW20ASE-NT
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/ag_page.php?data_id=125&color=CL01&area_id=3&year=2008&cat

TANGLEWOOD TW28 CE
http://www.tanglewoodguitars.co.uk/products/default.asp?cID=66459686&sID=66459689

CORT MR710F
http://www.musikaffarn.com/MR_710F.jpg
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
I suggest into looking at Laguna guitars. I own one and it's the sex.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Yeah i actually whould look into a Takamine guitar if i could only problem the local music store dont have them=/ these are mainley my choices for ''Electrict Acoustic'' ones,altho they have Few Non Electrict acoustic Blueridge guitars for 400bucks

I mainly want a Electric-Acoustic cause Electric guitar wasn't really my thing i grew pretty bored of it i alway went back to acoustic,

so i was thinking of getting an eletric Acoustic so i could use my amp add some reverb maybe mess whith EQ,and maybe even use my distortion pedal for some bluesy/rockish stuff,you know just a little splash of it.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
Last edited by Nexium at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by cdr_salamander
What a garbage music store. You don't have a Guitar Center/Sam Ash around anywhere?

Nope we dont have those stores here i live in sweden so there are no big corporate music stores really.
Quote by KingJak236

Quote by Kensai
Last edited by Nexium at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by cdr_salamander
What a garbage music store. You don't have a Guitar Center/Sam Ash around anywhere?

His music store is garbage because it doesn't carry Takamine and isn't a massive chain store? I'd never purchase any gear from a Guitar Center or whatever. They completely ruin local music businesses.

I can vouche for Crafter acoustics, they are great. Available at a cheap price, and sound really really nice. I did repairs on this one Crafter that was only $700 and sounded incredible. The Crafter gets my vote.
Quote by Silverstein14
His music store is garbage because it doesn't carry Takamine and isn't a massive chain store? I'd never purchase any gear from a Guitar Center or whatever. They completely ruin local music businesses.

I can vouche for Crafter acoustics, they are great. Available at a cheap price, and sound really really nice. I did repairs on this one Crafter that was only $700 and sounded incredible. The Crafter gets my vote.

I agree wholeheartedly. Conversely speaking, I know that the umbrella company Takamine is under has a relatively low buy-in price, so it is odd that there isn't a single Takamine dealer.

However, if you can somehow order a Takamine, the EG340SC is a pretty good A/E for $400. Solid spruce top, and laminate nato/rosewood back and sides (can't quite remember which one it is though.)

UPONFURTHERREVIEW: There actually is a Takamine dealer in Sweden.

SWEDEN

Fender Scandinavia
PO Box 9179
Gothenburg
S-400 94
Phone: +46 31 708 1790
fenderscandinavia@fender.com

^From Takamine website
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by Silverstein14

No, his music store is garbage because it has very limited selection of guitars to choose from, which also probably means limited selection of strings, accessories, maintenance tools/cleaners, etc...

Don't bash on GC or SA because it's a chain, they provide just about everything you need to anything. I'm sorry your local music business can't hang with them. Perhaps I should mail them a kleenex or something.
Quote by cdr_salamander
No, his music store is garbage because it has very limited selection of guitars to choose from, which also probably means limited selection of strings, accessories, maintenance tools/cleaners, etc...

Don't bash on GC or SA because it's a chain, they provide just about everything you need to anything. I'm sorry your local music business can't hang with them. Perhaps I should mail them a kleenex or something.

Actually I dont have one of those chains here, I have plenty of local shops that are 10x as good as the GC's I have been to. The service is so much better in local shops, the people know a lot more, and they actually care that you get a good guitar rather than just making a sale. Trust me, I work at a local guitar store.

PS: The crafter and tanglewood are both better than a takamine would be.
Last edited by Silverstein14 at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by Silverstein14
Actually I dont have one of those chains here, I have plenty of local shops that are 10x as good as the GC's I have been to. The service is so much better in local shops, the people know a lot more, and they actually care that you get a good guitar rather than just making a sale. Trust me, I work at a local guitar store.

PS: The crafter and tanglewood are both better than a takamine would be.

So... what your trying to say is... that the local businesses in your area are suffering from large chains that are... nonexistant?
Quote by Silverstein14
When did I ever say MY local businesses were suffering?

So... then why are you worried about elsewhere? Are you some kind of ninja economist music store researcher? I would actually be impressed.
Quote by cdr_salamander
So... then why are you worried about elsewhere? Are you some kind of ninja economist music store researcher? I would actually be impressed.

Say that again, but in English. Seriously, you're kind of being close minded here. Using ridiculous analogies, I have deduced that what you're saying, is that the local family barbecue restaurant, is nowhere near as good are McDonalds. I prefer local stores much more to big chains, just as I prefer local restaurants to big chain restaurants.

But on topic, follow Silverstein's advice. Tanglewood would be the best option, in my mind.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
It's ok man. I understand that you work at a local music store and think that a small community of guitarists is much more talented and gifted than the obvious lumps on a log that work at chains. I worked at a Sam Ash for three years before I joined the Navy and I felt the energy like I was working around a family. Most of the time it was customers coming in from the local shops saying that their employees referred them to us and we took care of the problem with no hesitation.

You need to stop being judgemental on the fact that just because it's a huge chain (and I guarantee you it didn't start that way!) that it's like a Wal-Mart and drowns out surrounding businesses. Food for thought man.
Mmk, so tanglewoods are probably my top choice from your list. I've also tried Crafter and they're decently built. Cort, from what I've heard, is also a decent choice. The Ibanez is to be avoided, however.

/end attempt to get thread back on track

Anyway, let's not sidetrack with other things, shall we?
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
captivate, Tanglewoods & Crafters are very good guitars, yes. That would be my recommendation. I'm a dedicated Washburn player, but I have toyed around with those guitars and they provide amazing feedback.

Sorry to jack your thread.