What would get more use out of the two? I have two offers on a hardcase I'm selling and I'm looking at both of these pedals. Which one wuld be more beneficial?
IMO depends what you want to use it for. The EQ can help shape your overall tone, tighten, boost, etc.. Compressors IMO I prefer with cleans or with leads, but that's just how I use them. What are you looking to improve on?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'm always looking to improve on my tone. As vague as that sounds, can't really generalize it. Maybe something for my solo work or to tweak out my tone a tad, depending on genre/song
well in that case, personally I think an EQ would be more useful. A compressor IMO has more specific uses, where an EQ can be used for everything.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Compression is a type of effect that when applied correctly, is so subtle, you shouldn't notice it's there. It's not useful in all situations.

EQ's can drastically change your tone and are useful in most situations.
I just got a Dyna Comp and love it. I'll probally end up getting a EQ soon so if its your tone, then get the EQ. If its clearer brighter notes, get the Dyna Comp
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
You obviously really like MXR.

I would go with an EQ for tone, compressors are more of a subtle thing that helps with leads and cleans. It doesn't do nearly as much for your tone as an EQ does.
Go with the EQ but save up and get the M108 10 band.. Alot more bang for your buck.

I've tried to mess with compressors for a while, always ended up not liking them in the end.
Compressors are kind of limited as to what you can use them with. When you're using gain they really kill your dynamics. I find they aren't something desirable when soloing either because it doesn't matter as much if you pick softer or harder.

EQ's can be used to improve your tone all the time or more specifically if dialed in a certain way. For instance, you might want bigger bass and treble for your rhythm, run the EQ all the time when you're playing dirty. If you want a solo boost, maybe you'll have the midrange of the EQ boosted a hair to give you more mids to cut.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by 667
Compression is a type of effect that when applied correctly, is so subtle, you shouldn't notice it's there. It's not useful in all situations.

EQ's can drastically change your tone and are useful in most situations.

in some cases compressors can be pretty noticeable. with that particular amp, i'd think about getting the compressor, but chances are the EQ will be more useful to you. then again, chances are if you get the 6 band youll be upgrading to the 10 band later, so in fact i say get the dynacomp
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.