K, i know the actual spec differances between them, but can anyone give me some advice on hellraisers/blackjacks... I hear alot of good about them and they seem nice in the stores and all, but I'm worried they lack the professional quality im looking for.... but then again living sacrifice and a crapload of other guys use em... so what do i know.
So yeah, how do they stack up against say, an LP Studio or Ibanez Prestige series?
Hellraiser: EMGs, thicker neck, different finish.
Blackjack: SDs, Thinner neck than the Hellraiser.

I'd take one of them over a LP Studio and a Lower-end Prestige (not like the $2000 Prestiges) everyday.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by DespisedIcon
Hellraiser: EMGs, thicker neck, different finish.
Blackjack: SD JB/59, Thinner neck than the Hellraiser.
Blackjack ATX: SD Blackouts, aged finish.

Fixed, don't forget the ATX.
Quote by randomhero93

He only asked for the Hellraiser and Blackjack. I'd take an ATX over a Hellraiser
ಠ_ಠ
Schecters are okay for the price. The name brand pickups are a plus and they're definitely build to a standard that is comparable to older Epis (the Korean ones I mean), so yeah, really good for the money and the quality seems constant.
I don't think they compare to an LP Studio or an Ibanez Prestige though. Aside from the Ibanez having pretty mediocre pickups it's a great guitar, while the Schecter is just "good". With a pickup swap, the Ibanez is the better guitar.
The average LP Studio is superior as well. Gibson has a recent history of putting out lemons, but still, most LP Studios (those I played at least) beat a Schecter soundwise.
That's a pretty strange comparison seeing as the LP and the Ibby are on totally different ends of the guitar spectrum anyway...

Whatever, Schecters are nice, but if you're used to higher end guitars, they are pretty bland. I'd take an Ibby Prestige over them any day.

(*prepares for flames*)
Quote by DespisedIcon
He only asked for the Hellraiser and Blackjack. I'd take an ATX over a Hellraiser

but they ATX are called the blackjack ATX, so he might wanna know about them too
Quote by randomhero93

Quote by DespisedIcon

ahhh randomhero it strikes again...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
ahhh randomhero it strikes again...

yes, i swear, it's the worst ever!!!! we gotta start a group called "DON'T FORGET THE BLACKJACK ATX!"
Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking, that there really wasnt that "X Factor" present... And I guess it does seem a bit strange to lump the LP and Prestige together but either way they'de end up with the same PUP's (Duncan Customs or Full Shreds or whatever) and basically they're two high-quality 'bucker-equiped axes I like *shrug*
Thanks for the input though, everyone
I have a hellraiser and i also played the blackjack in the store. I preferred the hellraiser because I mostly play metal. Just choose between active and passive. Passive? Take the Blackjack. Active? Choose between EMG amd Blackout, and you have your choice...
Quote by TheQuailman
Whatever, Schecters are nice, but if you're used to higher end guitars, they are pretty bland. I'd take an Ibby Prestige over them any day.

(*prepares for flames*)

Completely disagree, my Schecter played a lot better than all the Fenders/Gibsons I've owned/played and shat all over my Ibanez RG550.

They are good guitars for the money, and are well setup from Schecter USA.

They're also a ****load better for people who can't use thin necks (Ibanez).
Last edited by danrawkz at Mar 17, 2009,
Schecters are nice....Ive played Omen 6 for a bit now...as a first guitar and thought it was great. Then got my razorback 7 and i aboslutely hate my omen 6 now. But the higher end Schecters are nice too whatever you do though. dont settle for less (ie, omen 6 hahaha)
OH I didn't know that Blackjack has thinner neck than Hellraiser. Anyone know the exact specs?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R