I'm buying a new guitar and I got caught in the middle between the Ibanez Xiphos and the LTD KH-602. Here are the specs :

Ibanez Xiphos :

Specs:

Neck Material: 5pc Maple/ Walnut
Neck Type: Wizard II thru-neck
Body: Mahogany body
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Reversed Sharktooth inlay
Bridge: Edge III bridge
NeckPU: DiMarzio® D Activator™
BridgePU: DiMarzio® D Activator™

LTD KH-602:

Specs:

BODY :
Alder
NECK :
Maple 3-Piece
FINGERBOARD :
Rosewood, 24Frets
SCALE :
25.5inch (648mm)
NUT :
Locknut (R2)
JOINT :
Neck-thru-body
PICKUPS :
(Front) EMG81
(Rear) EMG81
BRIDGE :
Original Floyd Rose
CONTROLS :
Rear Volume, Front Volume
Master Tone, 3-way Lever Pickup Selector

The LTD sure has a better trem . However, what's really bugging me is the Xiphos is made from mahogany, which I heard better than alder, and the Ibanez wizard II neck is considered to be very thin, which is great ( The LTD's specs didn't have the neck dimension so I don't know it it is thinner or thicker than the wizard II) and finally are the pickups, I'm not so good with pickups so I don't know which one is better, the Dimarzio D-activator or the EMG81, also I heard that the EMG 81 requires separate batteries to operate, am I right ?

So, please give me some tips on this matter, everybody
i'll answer your question if you can answer mine. Which is the better wood alder or mahogany?

the answer of course is whichever you prefer. both seem to be great guitars (excluding the edge III on the xiphos) and the rest is really personaly preference
ltd looks better (i'm an ibanez owner so i don't say that often)

i think the dimarzio's are better but the emg's aren't that bad either
Alder > mahogany for lead
Mahogany > alder for rythm.

And on top of that, it's a matter of taste. I personally prefer alder in any case. Mahogany tends to sound muddy quickly and doesnt cuts through the mix as good as alder.
So DEFINATLY the LTD if you ask me.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
They are different. The LTD has a thin U profile, the iabnez is a very thin D profile. Go test yourself.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The Ibanez will have a thinner, flatter neck but not by much. The LTD will probably feel like a better made guitar, the pickups will be hotter and have more punch because they're active. The Ibanez might be a bit heavier because its mahogany. Mahogany has much better sustain, but since their are EMG's in the LTD it wont matter AS much.

The breaking point for me though is the OFR. The OFR is a million times better than any ibanez trem.

LTD is a better guitar in my opinion.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
The Ibanez will have a thinner, flatter neck but not by much. The LTD will probably feel like a better made guitar, the pickups will be hotter and have more punch because they're active. The Ibanez might be a bit heavier because its mahogany. Mahogany has much better sustain, but since their are EMG's in the LTD it wont matter AS much.

The breaking point for me though is the OFR. The OFR is a million times better than any ibanez trem.

LTD is a better guitar in my opinion.

This is so much fail in one post...

the first 1,5 sentence I agree with, the rest is just utter bull****.

1. The D-activators are hotter than the EMG's
2. The EMG's have less punch and more compression, because they're active
3. sustain has nothing to do with the kind of wood, but with the quality of the wood.
4. Edge pro certainly is on par with the OFR. Some claims it's even better. Same comment on the ZR2 trem.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
LTD is far more visually appealing.
And the LTD rep. is very good.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by azn_guitarist25
i'll answer your question if you can answer mine. Which is the better wood alder or mahogany?

the answer of course is Korina

Fix'd

EDIT: My opinion go with the LTD, lighter, better quality, better trem, not as ugly, looks more mature.

and you also might wanna check out washburn's HM series they're similar guitars to the ltd but they aren't jacking the price up just because there's a name on it.
UG's Prodigal Son
Last edited by lunaticfringe93 at Mar 16, 2009,
ibanez (: but that just my oppinion go for whatever one you prefer (look sound and feel)
Quote by lunaticfringe93
Fix'd

EDIT: My opinion go with the LTD, lighter, better quality, better trem, not as ugly, looks more mature.

and you also might wanna check out washburn's HM series they're similar guitars to the ltd but they aren't jacking the price up just because there's a name on it.

ah **** wrong! the proper answer is plywood, noob!