My budget is £350-£400 and I usually play rock but a bit of everything.

These are my "contenders" some are below my budget, some are fine, some are near the end but this is what i got so far, also, I do not want locking nuts:

Ibanez SA260FM - £282
Schecter Demon 6 - £250
Epiphone Les Paul - £350
PRS SE One - £320
Fender Mexican Strat - £370

Suggestions? Feedback? What guitar would you say is best for its money and maxes at £400?

Thanks
Last edited by livnew at Mar 16, 2009,
Quote by PopPunkPotHead
Ibanez=Bang4Buck

I've heard the pickups suck though...
prs-is good
ibanez-better
fender-best

thats just my opion
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Schecter makes some good guitars, cheaps for what they are...
what about ESP guitars?
Quote by k.i.k.e.
Schecter makes some good guitars, cheaps for what they are...
what about ESP guitars?

any specific one dude?
Quote by livnew
any specific one dude?

i would recommend the F series, EX series and the EC series...specially the EC-1000 VB (this one has active pickups)
Quote by k.i.k.e.
i would recommend the F series, EX series and the EC series...specially the EC-1000 VB (this one has active pickups)

The EC1000 is like £700 lolz I dont have that money sorry dude :P
the mexican strats are nice...
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Quote by livnew
The EC1000 is like £700 lolz I dont have that money sorry dude :P

oh... i don't know how much does the € cost, so i don't know how many dollars u can spend

the cheapest EC from ESP LTD is the EC50, you could get that one and make some mods.
Hmm, well it really depends on what sorta things you're gonna be playing, who are you favourite guitarists, bands and genres?
schecter or ibanez
are the nicest i recon
or possibly a jackson dinky JS1 with a reverse headstock (:
I have got a Mexican Fender strat and a PRS SE Singlecut. Once properly setup both guitars have a really easy playing action and also sound good as well. They are both guitars you just pick up and play without any worries about build quality etc. I would give a few a play and see which suits you.
out of the ones you've listed I say go with the PRS but check ebay for a used ibanez artist from the 80s those things are great MIJ bang for your buck guitars.
UG's Prodigal Son
Thanks for the comments guys, I checked the UK prices for that EC400VF and it was £530 :/ so I don't know lol, any more suggestions?