Yeah, so I want to get into shirt designing, but I only know how to use photoshop and I want to be able to do vectors...hints, tips, links?

I gave it a try anyway and came up with this:

http://www.teextile.com/designs/434/UNITE_THE_WORLD/

Appreciated if you'd sign up and comment or if you like it vote
Feedback would be nice as well...

so what does THE pit think?

-Thanks
Last edited by Jk3y at Mar 16, 2009,
The hearts, peace signs, and butterfly is a little too flowery for me.

Otherwise, I really like the design.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
less chick more man - gotcha
anyone have a great shirt idea?
The hearts, peace signs and butterfly don't go with the design at all. They're colourful components. The stroke you added to a few words is cut off in places. I Don't like the font for UNITE. Impact is it? It doesn't go with the rest of the words. They've got a good font though.

For future ref. Vectors are very important for any design nowadays, get yourself a copy of illustrator and master the pen tool. If you stick with photoshop have Colours as CYMK and aim for a dpi resolution of atleast 300dpi. Join some communitys like Threadless and Design by Humans.

Good Luck and Good job so far.
nice deisgn man! If you want to do vectors download Inscape. It's free and it's somewhat easty to use
Quote by Tarzan_man
The hearts, peace signs and butterfly don't go with the design at all. They're colourful components. The stroke you added to a few words is cut off in places. I Don't like the font for UNITE. Impact is it? It doesn't go with the rest of the words. They've got a good font though.

For future ref. Vectors are very important for any design nowadays, get yourself a copy of illustrator and master the pen tool. If you stick with photoshop have Colours as CYMK and aim for a dpi resolution of atleast 300dpi. Join some communitys like Threadless and Design by Humans.

Good Luck and Good job so far.

Thanks for great feedback, Yeah - the butterfly, hearts and the peace sign are filler because it felt to empty

I'll make sure next time I choose better fonts and I guess I'd better start learning Illustrator

Thanks for all the great advice (everyone)
Next time I design a shirt I'll post some drafts on UG and get your feedback before submitting
Last edited by Jk3y at Mar 16, 2009,