I have a Vox V847a and (son) I am dissapoint.

It plays great on cleans and on te treble switch on my guitar. But when I flip to my rhythm switch for solos, the sweep is gone. There is nothing but a click type sound similar to the sound of a pick hitting the string when you pick it.

I asked for advice at a guitar shop, they said it is likely a pick-up problem. Do you think they are right? If so, which pickups would you reccomend?

If it is the wah itself, I'd like a wah that:

Handles High gain very well.
Has an enormous/adjustable sweep. a la Tom Morello or Buckethead

I play tons of metal, neoclassical and Buckethead type stuff (what genre is he?)

I have a Stock Epiphone SG and an Ibanez RG2EX1.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Ibanez weeping demon is a nice high gain wah
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Mar 16, 2009,
i don't think it is that wah which is the problem. does it also happen when you play that pickup without the wah? otherwise check out the crybaby 535Q i think its called. it has a whole heap of ajustments and it sounded pretty nice to my ears. crybabys are known to handle high gain better than the vox anyway. you may also want to look into the dimebag signature crybaby which is pretty much the 535q with a gain circuit added.
Actually the trick with Toms wah is that its in the effects loop of his marshall and therefor acts mostly in the midrange. also on of the rubbers under the expression pedal (the one on the heel) (not the bottom of the pedal, the part that you rock back and forward) has been removed and gives him the bigger range.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Which Crybaby does Tom have? I know its from the 80's, so he has the original crybaby, right? But I heard the newer ones arent as good.

To joe_k, it does not happen with the wah off. I was looking at the 535q also. So the DIme one is a 535q with distortion in it?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
Which Crybaby does Tom have? I know its from the 80's, so he has the original crybaby, right? But I heard the newer ones arent as good.

To joe_k, it does not happen with the wah off. I was looking at the 535q also. So the DIme one is a 535q with distortion in it?

Yeah. he has an early 80s crybaby. but any normal crybaby will do. The 535q is a good choice since you can experiment with Q control until you find the right spot. I'm not really sure what exactly the difference is between the 535q and the dime. Someone who can enlighten us?

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I just saw demo for the Crybaby from hell and it seems likeit has a gain boost in it?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
yeh it is pretty much the same as the 535Q but there is a gain boost. if you can get to the store and try some out it would be your best bet. a wah is really subjective. even though i don't use a wah or own one, i tried out a whole heap in the store and although hendrix didn't use a crybaby, the hendrix signature was actually really nice. it was my favourite out of all the crybaby's, even better then the 535Q. stay away from the zakk wydle model, piece of crap imo.