I've been looking everywhere online but most seem half-assed anyone recommend any links or methods to learn my scales?
figure out what scale you want to learn and practice!!

If you don't know any scales start w/ the maj scale and learn it all over the fretboard.. every key.
And while your doing that focus on th interval relationship between notes.

You dont need a website to tell you what to do.. it will be a lot more benifical to learn how to construct it on your own.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Hal Leonard-Monster Modes and Scales

It's a really good book. I also recommend Hal Leonard's- Scale Chord Relationship along with a good chord dictionary.
No means maybe
Quote by victoryaloy
figure out what scale you want to learn and practice!!

If you don't know any scales start w/ the maj scale and learn it all over the fretboard.. every key.
And while your doing that focus on th interval relationship between notes.

You dont need a website to tell you what to do.. it will be a lot more benifical to learn how to construct it on your own.

+1. The only post in this thread that will prove to be beneficial. Going to sites and learning a gajillion scales i nothing without knowing how to construct and apply them.
Quote by tru23nyte
I've been looking everywhere online but most seem half-assed anyone recommend any links or methods to learn my scales?

Have a read of Josh Urbans Crusade articles in the columns section first to help understand what a scale actually is and why you should learn about them. Then learn the notes on the fretboard and start learning the major scale...and actually learn it. Don't just learm a single pattern in one place and think you've learned something. Learn how the scale sounds, learn how the intervals of the scale sound then learn how the scale fits with its chord progression.

And don't simply learn to play the scale pattern over and over, nobody wants to hear that. Instead, USE the scale, construct melodies and exercises from it that you can actually use in your playing. Remember, what's important is understanding how, when and why you can use the scale - just being able to play the scale pattern itself is of limited use.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm not going to go into detail of how I've expanded my knowledge since, but originally I learned my scales from this.
Came free with (I think) the June edition of Total Guitar back in 1997.

I still actually have it in a drawer upstairs, lol.
404: Sig not found.
I learned them on my couch with a guitar grimoire book. That book has about everything in it. Its kinda overkill
I teach music full time in Exeter, NH and I recently bought a Fretlight guitar for about $200 on ebay. This guitar helps my students have a much better understanding of how scales work. You would probably still need some guidance from online resources or an instructor, but by using one of these you would get a worthwhile jumpstart on the learning process.
Link to Fretlight:
www.fretlight.com
I learnt my scales through private lessons, but I hear this site no one has ever heard of is great.

www.ultimate-guitar.com
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
i bought one of those posters that have the scale shapes/chord shapes on them actually and just said "yknow what? im gonna practice my minor scale tonight" and taught myself the scales i needed/wanted to know at the time.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
The Dave Weiner and Frank Gambale lessons on youtube are all good. I learnt in person from a tutor though.