13 19%
I should retune my Hellraiser
49 70%
I should use my Strat
4 6%
Other
3 4%
Voters: 70.
Me and a friend might be playing Nothing Else Matters in assembly. However, he says he can sing it easier if we play it in half a step down rather than standard tuning. Only problem is, I have a Hellraiser with a FR which I'd rather not change, and a Strat that sounds pretty aweful with my rig and settings. What should we do? Poll coming
Stop being a lazy bastard and tune the **** down, its only a half a ****ing step!

GOD ****ING DAMMIT!!!!!
i guess these people havent delt with a floydrose before... i would tell him to learn to sing it.. lol, to much work to change it
Quote by misfitsramones
i guess these people havent delt with a floydrose before... i would tell him to learn to sing it.. lol, to much work to change it

The Hellraiser is the first FR equipped guitar I have owned but I've had it a while, and restrung/retuned it a fair few times so I know how to use it. I would just rather not knock it down a tuning unless I need to.
I have an idea, its not listed on the poll, but, maybe, you guys could try out a few of your options BEFORE playing the song in front of people? You know, and see what works?
Why choose that song to begin with?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Random3
Me and a friend might be playing Nothing Else Matters in assembly. However, he says he can sing it easier if we play it in half a step down rather than standard tuning. Only problem is, I have a Hellraiser with a FR which I'd rather not change, and a Strat that sounds pretty aweful with my rig and settings. What should we do? Poll coming

you're a bitch, it takes 15 minutes tops to tune.....its alot easier for you to tune then for him to
my hovercraft is full of eels
It'd be easier on his vocal chords if you tuned down and tuning down won't take that long, even with a floyd.
Singer's (everyone) have a natural range that takes years of dedicated practice to increase.

Just just out your allen key and a screwdriver.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Maybe it's too much work for him to sing it half a set up? Just play the strat or borrow some other guitar.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
just tune the damn thing

i have a floyd rose guitar. well both mine are. and i am always altering my tunings. sometimes i will play in like c or drop c. then upto drop d, then to standard and then back down to c again.

just stop being lazy and do it. its a good thing to get used to doing too.
You could do that with the little fine tuners on the FR. Not a big deal at all.
Your poll seems to be missing the option: "**** Nothing else matters and play Cemetary Gates instead"
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Random3
I figured if its only half a step down, he can learn it one note up. It cant make that much of a difference.

^Obviously not a Singer!!!! Either am I! For the singer in my old band we used to have to tune a step down for Enter Sandman-Metallica, Face Down-Red Jumpsuit Apperatious & Want you bad-The Offspring
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
^Obviously not a Singer!!!! Either am I! For the singer in my old band we used to have to tune a step down for Enter Sandman-Metallica, Face Down-Red Jumpsuit Apperatious & Want you bad-The Offspring

Thing is, the same guy can sing Master of Puppets and Seek and Destroy in standard tuning
Quote by Random3
Thing is, the same guy can sing Master of Puppets and Seek and Destroy in standard tuning

Yeah I dunno dude, Get him drunk first!! I'm a ****ing terrible singer but I've been told I sing Nothing Else Matters well when I'm drunK!!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Tune your guitar down half a step. In my opinion Nothing Else Matters sounds better half a step down anyway.
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
Quote by Gord@k
Your poll seems to be missing the option: "**** Nothing else matters and play Cemetary Gates instead"

Why play a bad song when you can play nothing else matters?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
You should play it with a capo at the eleventh fret.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the