Poll: Time machine or immortality?
Poll Options
View poll results: Time machine or immortality?
Time machine
67 62%
Immortality
40 37%
Voters: 108.
I have a dilemma,

I have been arguing with a buddy on whether it is better to have a time machine, or immortality.

If you had a choice between a time machine or immortality, what would you choose.

- You can't choose immortality and claim that you're going to wait for a time machine to be invented, we must assume that it will not be invented.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
I'd rather be a Wookie.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Uh by immortality, do you just mean that you will never die but still can be killed or like you can't ever die period? Cause that would suck, I mean , I can imagine living for like 500 years and already being so sick of life, definitely cant see myself being able to live for 1 million years.
Quote by Spartan101400
Immortality, Time Machine has too much work and the cost is to great, you might fvck up the Human species if you change something.

Don't you watch LOST? YOU CAN'T CHANGE WHAT HAS ALERADY BEEN DONE, no matter what.
...What!?
Quote by Ergin
Don't you watch LOST? YOU CAN'T CHANGE WHAT HAS ALERADY BEEN DONE, no matter what.

NO I DON'T.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
i want to be immortal, and also be glowing blue and have my dick out all the time
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Immortality

Time Machine would **** up the world.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by S)E-Javelin
Uh by immortality, do you just mean that you will never die but still can be killed or like you can't ever die period? Cause that would suck, I mean , I can imagine living for like 500 years and already being so sick of life, definitely cant see myself being able to live for 1 million years.

You can't be killed by any external force, but you can kill yourself(method of suicide doesn't matter)
immortality, train be the best at everything, and when old friends die, new ones are easier to obtain,

with immortality , i can do all the **** i want to

chuck norris will be a thing of the past, literally
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Immortality, but like the LOTR elvish kind, where i'd still be hot(ter).
So yeah. Minus the getting killed. I can't get killed.
Because if you got a time machine and accidently killed your grandfather..
Well then HA!!!
I'd like something that isnt immortality as such

but like. Something that guarantee's you'll live a long healthy life.

Time machines might also be interesting though... hrmm...
Immortality.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Immortality would suck. You could get shot in the stomach and not die as the acids dissolve your chest cavity, until the paramedics show up and freak out that you're still alive with only half a lung.

Assuming this isn't Wolverine-style immortality.
Free speech is the right to shout "Theatre!" in a crowded fire.
A time machine would be pretty epic...
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by shanchett99
immortality, train be the best at everything, and when old friends die, new ones are easier to obtain,

Chuck Norris IS Immortal!!!

along with Superman & Keith Richards!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by gunners fan
Chuck Norris IS Immortal!!!

along with Superman & Keith Richards!!

He has a point, but we're talking about humans, not gods.
Time machine, so i can go back in time and do my shiz, then go back to when I made the decision to have a time machine and tell myself to pick immortality. Its a win-win!
Living forever would suck.

Unless with immortality you can be born again as a child.

But remain the memory gained from life. So like a cycle.

The knowledge from such a young age gained from being in the pit for a while would be awesome in class!

Or like exams etc.... or being able to draw detailed vagina's at a young age.
immortality as long as i can't feel pain. cuz then if the only way for me to die would be to kill myself, i could **** up a BUNCH of ppl i dont like, and have no consequence. or swim underwater without need of oxygen.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by S)E-Javelin

Yah
Quote by shanchett99

this
What about using the time machine to go into the future when they've discovered the secret to immortality?

I'd choose immortality, as long as I keep my looks, don't wanna end up looking like Yoda.
Time machine, definitely. Immortality would eventually be hell. I would love to see the future, but not being able to die would suck in the end. Imagine living forever whilst your friends, family, and all you love rot and die around you. Not to mention the actual living forever - you'd get sick of life, period.
if you were immortal, life would be sooooooooooooo crap. first, your friends die, then your partner dies, then your kids die, then the whole human race dies, then the earth is destroyed, then you're floating around in soundless space for all eternity. ever read "The Jaunt" by Stephen King?

if i had to choose, i'd go for a time machine, because at least you could destroy it.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
time machine.
i could go back in time and i could go forward and skip to all the good stuff in the future without having to deal with all the bs in between i would deal with if i was immortal
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!