I've been a member of a band now for about 2 months, and we are drenched with problems.

They constantly cancel practice. I mean, we've had literally one practice in the past 6 weeks. They're always complaining about one thing or another, ("oh, I'm sick," etc.), and we have gotten really nothing done.

I'm the closest thing to a "founder" the band has; I found each member, and introduced the idea of a band to them. They exclude me completely from the creative process, and I'm not allowed to write any original lyrics. I help with writing the music (I'm the only member with theory knowledge), but the other members of the band (especially the bassist) constantly puts down everything I write, no matter what it is.

Our singer is the sibling of a member of local band Amedeus. They're decently popular for a local band (Saturday night they opened for Demon Hunter). We use their practice space in her basement, but they're all jerks. They have repeatedly kicked us out so they can hang out there. We're already not allowed to touch any of their equipment except for their drum kit (they have at least a half dozen full cabinets down there, as well as 2 keyboards and full recording equipment). The members are kind enough, but as a band, they're very pushy.

They want to write mainly Christian lyrics, in the vein of Relient K or others, despite my desire to write for a "larger audience." I don't want to alienate the wider, non-Christian fanbase to cater to the Christians in the audience. I am also heavily agnostic, but I can't "come out" to them, they'd tear me to pieces.

I would leave the band, but there is a dearth of musicians in my area (our drummer is the only drummer I know).

Advice?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Tell them to man up or get out. Threaten to find other band members to them.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
Play Them Some Slayer!!!shredz The Brutalz Outta Dem!!!
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Well, it depends how close of friends that you are with them. If you are close, stay "in" the band, but don't show up to practices (if you even have any lol) and if their not just say that you have lost interest in the music lol. Works like a charm every time lol .
Dave Mustaine is a Joke

Quote by strat0blaster
Why don't you just all jam and see what comes out

That wat she said!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Jason Newsted pisses off James Hetfield on YouTube.
Walk in play some satanic music, Then tell them you don't believe in god but instead you believe in a flying spaghetti monster it worked for me.
Quote by BladeSlinger
If I was 21 I'd buy you a crystal decanter full of 100 year old brandy to commend you.