Im looking at buying either an electo acoustic or just a plain acoustic

Price range is <£200, i know its not much, so im not expecting much, and i am willing to go second hand

I just need advice on where to look (which make, etc) All i ask of it is that i dont want it to be big and bulky like traditional acoustic guitars, i want a slim guitar, preferably with a curved back, but have no idea which guitars to look at

any pointers?

Thanks.
Ovations have curved backs. And most are electro acoustic.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
why do you want a curved (bowl) back?

and IF you want one, then arent you pretty much talking about ovations exclusively?

if you love them. get a used one.

or i guess something like an imitation ovation...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Handax-BRB-Elec-Acoustic-Bowl-Back-Guitar-Ovation-Style_W0QQitemZ180334011574QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090305?IMSfp=TL090305123002r20226

but i'd rather bet a good guitar over a lower end guitar that had one particular feature i liked.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 16, 2009,
i want a curved back because (imo) the guitar feels nicer to play, they arent as bulky, like i said i dont want a big acoustic as im coming from an electric

Just wondered if somebody could recommend a good electro acoustic that isnt as big as a traditional acoustic guitar
some guys like ovations. personally i think they slide away from me when i sit and play.

takamine, yamaha, washburn, alvarez all have models around $200

you need to look for folk models, thin line, OM models.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Applause is the entry level brand from Ovation and I have heard good reports of them for the price. A used Ovation would be a better guitar, of course, both in sound and materials.
Then there are the Cort acoustics which are exceptional value www.guitars.co.uk has the full range and I can vouch for their customer care.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x