and im so frustrated

i should be way better than i am

i cant even get down this lick in dr feelgood its really tickin me off
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
it may be how you perceive the notes, Do u see them as individual notes, or as groups of small patterns, try to view them as patterns this may helped with metal awareness and how you approach things
Work harder?

I'm at the same place - been playin for a large number of years and feel competant rhythm wise, yet know my soloing is SORELY lacking - especially for how long I've been playing.

The answer is - work harder if you're not satisfied. IMO.

Maybe try learning some Theory? I hated it for years, but I'm starting out now and it's something to make your mind work a different way pertaining to music. Not saying you can't get along without it - you can. It just forces you to think musically, which can be helpful.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I don't know how much you practice, but more practice will pretty surely help you improve faster.
Study music theory and professional guitar players' playing techniques. It'll help a lot.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
yeah its like i can see the pattern its a repeating lick and my left hand is so off from my fright hand

the fingering goes 123 123 and its alternate picking between the 12 and 15frets on the 1st and 2nd strings
i guess i need to work on my left hand more but this is killing me because i need to get this solo down because my bang is covering this song
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
playing with other people and watching youtube videos and reading articles will help. Im pretty sure we have all felt frustrated at one point or another when we cant get something right.
Guitars- Ibanez rgx digital snow camo
Amplifiers- Randall 125 watt halfstack ( payed 350 for the stack )
Slow it down. You might be trying it too fast.

There are sooo many parts of songs/bits that i will find difficult to do, it really isn't uncommon + Ive been playing a bit longer. Aslong as you keep practicing, whilst also mixing it up with improv's n such, you will be seeing improvments. Subtle ones maybe, but improvements.

I definitly know that feeling though. Having the absolute need to learn a particular solo, but just not havint the patience to keep working on it to make the improvments your after..