Hey, I'm looking to buy myself a bigger amp, I'm using a Fender 15G Frontman and am ready to upgrade.

I play mostly metal, (Power and Thrash metal)
I'm looking for a tube amp that could give me a nice high treble sound similar to
Criss Oliva of Savatage and Andre Olbrich from Blind Guardian.

Thanks for your suggestions.
PEAVEY VYPYR! I believe for that dough you can get the 1x12 Tube one. It's got analog distortion and blows other modeling amps out of the water. Go try it. It will consume you!
Quote by AcousticSlayer
A B-52 AT maybe.

this
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
It's a 60w combo with a single 12" speaker (1 X 12)
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
at that price range i wouldnt be looking into modeling amps like the vypyr. if your willing to look used, you could find a peavey ultra or XXX combo, which would decimate the vypyr. also, you could snag yourself a B-52 AT112, which has a nice metallic sound which i think your looking for
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
at that price range i wouldnt be looking into modeling amps like the vypyr. if your willing to look used, you could find a peavey ultra or XXX combo, which would decimate the vypyr. also, you could snag yourself a B-52 AT112, which has a nice metallic sound which i think your looking for

I see your point, I've tried modeling amps and I don't like them that much, I'm not really into that digital kind of amp, if that makes any sense. I'd be fine with a tube amp of that description, I'll see what else Peavey has to offer that would appeal to me. Thanks.
yeah used is the way to go for that budget. I second the XXX. I think modeling amps are only good if theyre for practice strictly. I dont think it's worth it buying more than a 30 watt modeling amp. The vypyr 15 watt yeah, but the 75? no way.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack