I went to the local guitar shop today and found a MIM Telecaster with Seymour Duncan Pickups. I dont kno what type of SD pickup but they were deff seymours. The guitar cost $325 USD used. What do ya guys think? good deal or no?
yeah but not with seymour duncans. its got a humbucker neck pcikup and a single coil bridge pick up
Quote by invision2212
seems expensive considering MIM start at 400.00 new

I think they got a major price raise recently( I know Strats did, not sure about Teles) So that isn't a terrible price used. (if Teles got the price raise also)
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
hmmm thats a odd combo you would think it would be reversed.

have you played it to atleast get how it feels and sounds?
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by parigod
I think they got a major price raise recently( I know Strats did, not sure about Teles) So that isn't a terrible price used. (if Teles got the price raise also)

your right they did i just looked, damn.......

my PRS went from the 500.00 i payed new just 2 months ago to 665.00
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Let's do some math, shall we?

New MIM; $550.

Seymour Duncans; $80 or so each on average.

Let's assume both were replaced. Cost of two Seymour Duncans; $160.

550 + $160 = 710

Guitars lose 25%-50% of value after being used. Just walking out of the store lowers the value, much like a car. Let's go with a middle ground between those two and take 35%,

710 *.35 = 461.50

Even if it was 50% of the value it would've been $362, and that's not factoring in how much you pay them so they actually make a profit off what they give the guy, who would have to be an idiot to sell a guitar with SD's for less than half of what he bought it for, so yes, I'd say this is a good deal both in my opinion and mathematically.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
yeah both are replaced and i thought it was a good idea. i had just heard some crap about new MIMs being bad and wanted to hear what people had to say