I need a quick cheap amp that I can pick up solely for the intent of quick practice at home. Does not need to be loud. Must be cheap, but not too crappy. Also something I can pick up from Guitar Center. Any recommendations?

This is just to keep my practice up while I replace my previous amp with an amp I can use to re-join my band with.
VYpyr 15. For a little more money and extra features like batteries and 12V input for a car cig lighter there is the Vox DA5.
I'd say either the Vypyr 15 like previously suggested, or a Microcube (My local GC keeps piles of them)
Crate V5, they're like $80 at GC, Tube powered too.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
If it's solely for practicing by yourself and you have decent headphones lying around, maybe try your luck with a Vox Amplug.
If you need br00t4l distortion:

1. Peavey Vypyr
2. Vox amPlug
3. Roland Microcube
4. Roland Cube
5. Vox VT15

If you want 'teh toob toans":

1. Crate V5
2. Peavey Nano Valve
3. Epiphone Valve Junior
4. Vox AC4TV
5. Epiphone Valve Standard
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
If you need br00t4l distortion:

1. Peavey Vypyr
2. Vox amPlug
3. Roland Microcube
4. Roland Cube
5. Vox VT15

If you want 'teh toob toans":

1. Crate V5
2. Peavey Nano Valve
3. Epiphone Valve Junior
4. Vox AC4TV
5. Epiphone Valve Standard

!
But Raijouta's got it.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD

I don't think that's quite what he meant lol
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Not sure how much you want to spend, but try a fender superchamp XC if you can blow about 300. I love the sound and versatility of mine.
I got a Vox DA5 last week and I've been moderately impressed with the nice tones I can coax out of this little amp. Its really portable, can run on batteries, has the option of attaching a strap to it so you can carry it around while you play (if you have to) and I imagine they're widely available too.

The Microcube gets nice reviews too. Of course both of these amps are small and low power and if you're looking something a little 'bigger' then the guys above have that covered.
Thanks for all the input everyone, I went ahead with the Vypyr and I am not disappointed. I like it better then my Spider III and its louder then the 30 watt too, I might only say its a bit too loud for what I wanted but I'm not complaining. One question though, I want to try messing with the record out.

Is this the cable I need?
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102949

or do I need anything specific?
epiphone Valve junior
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by DeltaFunk
I don't think that's quite what he meant lol

haha i think ill pass at doing that with mine. i dont like the location of the tubes in the v50
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
I've seen a crate thrown around...and it was okay.

now, you have been trolled.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I took a speaker (HH Invader) out of my Laney LC15 and put it in my Vypyr. I plan to buy a good speaker for the LC15 because it's a more expensive tube amp. Maybe something like an Eminance or Weber.

I think that the improvement you will get from just the speaker size will be worth it. A Jenson Mod or Weber Signature is low cost and not bad. The stock speaker is about the cheapest speaker you could get.
I'll look into it, I got the cable for the record out but my computer won't detect it so thats a bit of a bitch. Actually, I see that it is being picked up, but not played back.

Never mind, I got it all working. Thanks for all the help you guys, no need for anymore replies. This can be locked I guess.
Last edited by DoomSentinal at Mar 23, 2009,