I have an Ibanez SA160 with 2 single coils and a humbucker, and a 5 way switch. When I switch to the humbucker, sometimes it doesn't make any noise unless I jiggle the switch a little bit. Is there something obvious I should look for to fix, or should I have a professional look at it?
its either a wiring problem or a switch problem both easily repaired with a little soldiering
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
Could be dirty contacts too!. You can buy electronic cleaner in spray form for this.
Moving on.....
it could be just a loose wire on the toggle switch or the switch is becoming faulty, you can try opening it up just to see if all wires are connected good and none of them cracked.

either way its a simple easy fix any tech can do in two minutes.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
It could be the volume is all the way down , but assuming that you're not that stupid it's probably wiring.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
It could be the volume is all the way down , but assuming that you're not that stupid it's probably wiring.

hey now ive done that and though it was broke....4 knobs get confusing
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by VanTheKraut

THANK YOU! I thought something was wrong with it!

Just kidding, it's only one volume knob and I know it's on. I'll get a tech to look at it.
Its dirty contacts on the switch. Just use that spray stuff and it'll be fine.
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.