Page 1 of 2
Hi guys, My Alvarez Dana Scoop came in today. I was very surprised at the guitar and the crowd it drew at the guitar shop. Everyone wanted to see it and play it. It was a real hit. I have to say I wasn't expecting much for a guitar that is 17 years old but it is in awesome shape. I didn't realize it has some sort of active electronics. The pots need a bit of cleaning they crackle and shut off here and there but otherwise the guitar is amazing So much better than I would have ever thought. The action on it is extremely low with minimal fret buzz the neck is one of the fastest I have ever had in my hands. The neck joint is really solid considering it's just hanging there. All in all I got to say I love this very unusual guitar. I did some checking in 92 these sold for $1000.00 new they came in three colors black, metal flake Blue and white with a graphite neck. The white is the rarest the Blue next and the Black was pretty common. Mine was made in Korea and it #531 in the series. I am not sure how many of these were made I have only seen two in since I started collecting guitars and I bought one. OH! I paid a $249.00 for mine with a HSC unfortunately the case is an ESP not an original.

John
i dont like it.(dont hate me)

that is a weird body style though. oh yeah hide that spider 2 amp or youll get flamed like i do lol
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Last edited by invision2212 at Mar 16, 2009,
damn that thing looks crazy, talk about upper-fret access haha
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
dang beat me to it
+More

Well you really can't whinge about upper fret access now can ya
Gear: I haz some

Quote by RCA1186
hah its ok besa, i still love you

^ guess someone has too
i actually like it. think it looks really really good actually. nice steal, considering you only paid $250.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by randomhero93
sorry dude!

its okay

Quote by Besa-Moogie
Well you really can't whinge about upper fret access now can ya

at least i wasn't doubley beaten like him
+More

Quote by RCA1186
its okay

at least i wasn't doubley beaten like him

ha! cheers to that, my good man!
I think the flash brings out the metal flake a lot more than when you see it in person. It's defiantly a strange design but I love the odd guitars. I think it's a good collectors piece and in the long run will be worth some dough.
that looks cool if not a bit weird but still like everyone says you'll have great upper fret access
that is a frightening guitar.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Me = fail for sure.

Quote by RCA1186

^ guess someone has too
pretty niffty looking axe
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Wow that is an awesome guitar, much cooler than mine. The only thing is I would be afraid the whole neck would fall off lol.
Those are awesome and you got a good deal on 'em. Early 90's, great guitar. Different but great.

Edit:

Here's one someones got from another forum...

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Mar 17, 2009,
Graet guitar but I demand more pics of that spider! Did you put a mustang cobra logo on it!
if you were playin naked and you got a boner it wouldnt be a very pleasant experience with this guitar

otherwise, great find, wicked cutaway hole thing haha
Quote by RCA1186
damn that thing looks crazy, talk about upper-fret access haha

+1, but HNGD
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by carpepax
Why would they put that much fret access and only use a 22 fret fingerboard?

i was about to say the same thing.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
that guitar is really ...special. It's cool and more original than a lespaul or a strat.
I would have preferred a 24 fret fingerboard myself. Fret access is so easy it's like playing a neck without a body.

On the Line 6 Spider II I recovered the head and the cab because they were mismatched. The cab is a PRO Custom 4x10 cab that was covered with a rug type material and the grill was horrible and someone put a Marshall name plate on it. I recovered them with a black and white snakeskin vinyl and recovered the front's with a black grill material. I had the old COBRA snakes that I got when I was restoring my 68 Shelby GT500 but I sold it before I finished and the emblems were actually for a 69/70 Shelby.

Here it is before the Snakes:

John
Quote by Besa-Moogie
Me = fail for sure.

+More

If you want all that upper-fret access, why not just get a V-style guitar?
Free speech is the right to shout "Theatre!" in a crowded fire.
Thanks guys, I used to do upholstery work on furniture and in the automotive field so recovering an amp is an easy task for me. I did one a while back in pink fur for a girl I know that plays guitar I made it match her pink fur strap. It actually looked killer. I tried to convince to let me cover her guitar too but she wouldn't let me touch her vintage LP. LOL

I just changed the strings and need to set up the Floyd to match the lighter gauge strings but the guitar plays awesome. I was a bit apprehensive about getting it but now that I have it I am pleased with the purchase. If anything it's a conversation piece.
i have to say, its unique guitar, never really seen anything like that, really makes you stand out on stage. it could kinda be like a signature guitar type thing, better than some mainstream looking guitar like LP or strat, nothing wrong with them but every1 has one (i've had them). But yea, really a steal at 250$, even if some work is done
I used to collect Gibsons and had gone thru a boat load of Les Pauls over the years, like Strats there are tons of them out there and every company copies them.

I love one of a kind, rare or odd looking guitars no matter what the brand name. I still love LPs but like you say they are very common. So far everyone i have showed it too just is in awe of the radical design and the first comment is I would be afraid the neck would break off.

John
Quote by flyingferrets
If you want all that upper-fret access, why not just get a V-style guitar?

Because the upper-fret access on most Vs actually isn't that good.

TS hope you enjoy the guitar. Not really my thing, but it seems cool.
Quote by johnro6659
I would have preferred a 24 fret fingerboard myself. Fret access is so easy it's like playing a neck without a body.

On the Line 6 Spider II I recovered the head and the cab because they were mismatched. The cab is a PRO Custom 4x10 cab that was covered with a rug type material and the grill was horrible and someone put a Marshall name plate on it. I recovered them with a black and white snakeskin vinyl and recovered the front's with a black grill material. I had the old COBRA snakes that I got when I was restoring my 68 Shelby GT500 but I sold it before I finished and the emblems were actually for a 69/70 Shelby.

Here it is before the Snakes:

John

I've got the same white snakeskin vinyl on my Randall
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Thanks for all the comments on the Alvarez. I am pleased with the quality of the guitar I never knew Alvarez made electrics until now and it seems like they made a great guitar and used cutting edge technology.

Quote by no.mop
I've got the same white snakeskin vinyl on my Randall

Did you do it yourself, have someone recover it for you or was it like that when you got it? I have done a few recovering jobs for some of the guys I know and everyonce in a while I'll see an amp I recovered either on stage or in a music shop.

I get my vinyl and fabric at a local discount fabric store. The only reason I got the White Snakeskin was it was cheap! LOL I thought it would look cool as well. They had a fake ostrich skin that was nice but they just didn't have enough to cover the whole thing. I almost recovered a cheap Epi LP to match but had a better idea using a diamond plate material and skipped it.
RCA I almost wanna sig that....actually I think I will.

Quote by RCA1186

^ guess someone has too
I almost traded a Pacer Custom to him for that Dana Scoop!

I really like the Dana Scoops! I just acquired a Westone Dana Limited III the other day. It came before the Scoop, same body and neck and all. Just without the scoop cut....and also it has a single coil in the neck position.
Last edited by halo71 at Mar 20, 2009,
Page 1 of 2