I'm wondering what kind of bass amp i should get, and what size i should get watt wise, I'll be playing decent sized venues, i play hard rock and metal, as well as a bit of classic rock
I don't know just where I've been, who I am or what I've seen, I just know somethings happened to me, cause I've lost touch with my memory
Decent-sized as in 50, or decent-sized as in 300? That's kind of a point-of-view thing.

between 200-300W is generally thought of as par for a live rig, but it really depends on the venue, your band's style, and what sort of cabs you use, the last being most important. For example, a 200W rig with two 412 cabs would probably be louder than a 400W one with a 215.

With your style, I'd say either an 810, two 410's, or the classic 410/115 combo.
edit: unless your budget impedes that, in which case you're basically going to try and find the loudest amp you can afford.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Mar 17, 2009,
what's your EQ? playing style?

I'm saying this because I can drown a weak drummer with a 50 watt amp, but my ol friend fitzy cant even play using 200.

what is the guitarist(s) using? is your drummer a pounder? what bass you got?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom