Just interested to know what you personally struggle most with, or find causes the most issues in your writing.

I struggle with ending a piece more often than not. It's hard to get something that's powerful but not blunt. Lately I've struggled with getting a cohesive piece (I think that stems from having absolutely zero ideas as to what to write about).

You?
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
whenever i come up with a great idea for one line, verse, or chorus, and then everything i try to add to it is crap.

also, doing a bridge is somewhat difficult for me. but i do it all the same.
There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. - Friedrich Nietzsche
i know it isnt really a part of my writing, but i think i could make much better vocal melodies if i was a better singer.

but other than that, just motivation. iv gone months without writing songs, and its a real bad thing.
Well. I'll come up with some really great lines maybe two sets of four, but then I can't decide if I want to use them as a chorus with crappy verses or as verses with a crappy chorus. lol I can't ever seem to be able to come up with lyrics that will match a couple really good lines.
bringing everything together. I'll have all these great ideas, but they just won't seem to come together and i always seem to write just all this filler stuff
Coming up with decent metaphors.

But I'm working on it.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Getting an idea. Once I have a good idea, inspiration takes over and it's no longer me writing.

But getting that idea is really hard, and it seems I have no control over it.
all of the above

and also writing music for my lyrics
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
In my quest to be vivid and concrete with imagery, I inevitably end up writing dark songs. I don't know how to pick images that have emotional immediacy but aren't dark. It's tricky business and my whole catalog is starting to sound the same thematically
i cannot write structured songs.

my imagery is (so i've been told) fantastic and my stream-of-consciousness writing has been described by some as good, but when i try to write anything other than "slap some random words down on a page" i start losing it.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
the lyrics. I've got dozens of songs without lyrics lying around,,,
You like it