I'm wandering on what I should invest in to get a good tone whether its an amp, pedals, effects, or any combination of them. I mainly like to play alternative hardcore such as still remains, escape the fate, before their eyes, the devil wears prada, senses fail, lovehatehero etc. and i want to be able to get good pinch harmonic response and a strong feel for the tone ( not static, superely high gain crap)
My set up right now is a:

schecter c-1 hellraiser with emg 81/85 FR.
Peavey 212 200 watt transtube amp (bad distortion tone, kinda fuzzy sounding, sorta old)
Digitech metal master ( I use sometimes, dont like much; gains not controllable. not a full tone.)
and a mxr smart gate noise gate.
^that should be your next investment, in fact theres a 6505+ 112 combo thats supposed to come out in may or june
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
^that should be your next investment, in fact theres a 6505+ 112 combo thats supposed to come out in may or june

holy **** gibson, you steal my ideas every time.

he's right.

/thread
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE