I'm looking to upgrade from my practice combo, now that the band I'm currently playing bass in is starting to talk about gigs with other bands. I played the Peavey Tour 450 at GC last week...and I really liked it...especially for the price. It played better than the other heads I tried in the price range. I currently have a 410 cab but my old bands bass player used a 410 and 115 stack setup and it was godly. I love the tone of the 115 and the mids of the 410s. There wasn't a 115 in the store I went to so I just played through the matching Peavey 410 cab. My question is: is the 450 watts enough to power my 410 and a 115 when I buy it? Both cabs peak at 1200 I believe and are both 8 ohms. Will this setup be enough to be heard at small gigs? We have a PA system that we mic through, but if I ever need to go without mic'ing will it be loud enough? Anybody else used this amp yet?
I've got the Tour 700 head and the 115 cab. I like it quite a bit.

About the power: The 450 puts out 450 into 4 ohms. It's probably around 200 at 8 ohms, though. However, if you stack both the 410 and 115 together, it'd be 4 ohms.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
I've got the Tour 700 head and the 115 cab. I like it quite a bit.

About the power: The 450 puts out 450 into 4 ohms. It's probably around 200 at 8 ohms, though. However, if you stack both the 410 and 115 together, it'd be 4 ohms.

yeah thats what I planned to do...two 8 ohm cabs for a 4 ohm load...I just want to make sure it'll get the volume I need if I ever need to go unmic'd. If not, I will just try to save up for the 700 head.
Quote by eyebanez333
yeah thats what I planned to do...two 8 ohm cabs for a 4 ohm load...I just want to make sure it'll get the volume I need if I ever need to go unmic'd. If not, I will just try to save up for the 700 head.

I've done shows with 100 watts before, I wasn't the most heard guy there, but it worked. 200+ would definitely work.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
With 450 watts you should be fine up until medium-sized gigs. Peavey makes great stuff for the price, and their gear is usually built like a tank. I say go for it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I play through 2 4x12's with 225 watts. it's tube watts so it seems louder but it's still only 225 watts. Same amount of power and it drives all the speakers just fine. You should have no worries with 450watts.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu