I'll soon start taking my Boss GT-8 and running it through the PA at gigs as I'm getting tired of taking my amp and my boogie cab there every time.

I've already got a great sound (imo) through my headphones, and have the same patches in another bank and tweaked to sound good through my comp speakers too.

I was hoping you guys could help me out and tell me if I will need to make drastic changes to my settings once I get to the place and run into the PA. (and if so, what kind of changes)
I've been told I would need a DI box, so I picked one of those up since it was only about 20 bucks. I got the Livewire SPDI, and I'm not sure what the -40db, -20db, and -0db would be used for, so if you could help me out with that too, it'd be appreciated.

The venue I know for a fact has got a fantastic PA system BTW.

Thanks!
You can do it, but you might be able to get a better sound with you amp and cab. Also Remember that using an effects processor through a PA will sound way different than it will through headphones. But in general getting a combo amp will sound way better.
The PA will be more like headphones than a guitar amp. Use the "Output Select" button and at the menu set it to "Line/Phones". You can try the other settings a see how it impacts the tone. You don't need a DI box. The output level control on the GT-8 (next to the 1/4 outputs) will adjust your signal (that's what those db numbers are, set levels).

There is a "Global" section for .EQ compensation that gives you quick overall EQ to match the PA. You are all set to use a PA with the GT-8. These guys are made to do that and sound just as good or even better than a guitar amp.
Quote by fly135
The PA will be more like headphones than a guitar amp. Use the "Output Select" button and at the menu set it to "Line/Phones". You can try the other settings a see how it impacts the tone. You don't need a DI box. The output level control on the GT-8 (next to the 1/4 outputs) will adjust your signal (that's what those db numbers are, set levels).

There is a "Global" section for .EQ compensation that gives you quick overall EQ to match the PA. You are all set to use a PA with the GT-8. These guys are made to do that and sound just as good or even better than a guitar amp.

Thanks, I totally forgot about the global EQ, and never even considered it. I usually leave it flat, so it goes mostly ignored. Guess it's time to start using it.

Yeah I already knew about the output select. I can't imagine getting a decent direct distorted sound with the cab sims turned off haha.