ok so right now i have a squier with a crybaby and a pocket pod going into a spider III. so i have the diversity but it sounds like crap. so i am looking for gear that will get me some awesome tone that can cover pretty much anything. first i'm thinking an amp then some pedals then a guitar. i play acoustic alot so i would love the amp to be able to amp my acoustic as well as my electric. i play some reggae and alot of classic rock. i would say that if i was going for a tone it would be something like slash or pagey. i've been considering a hot rod deville since i've played one and it got pretty dirty without pedals. i def wanna go tube. the amp also has great cleans which is important for the reggae and acoustic. then i was thinking bout getting either a tube screamer or some type of floor multi effect pedal that wont suck my tube sound but could give me alot of control. what would you guys recommend me do as far as the amp then whatever comes after? i am willing to go used and currently have bout 500 bucks but income is slow since i'm 17 and cant get a job. any help is much appreciated.
dave matthews might.. just.. be.. god..

Quote by gregs1020
yes, pointing it at your head will send the sound towards your head.

it's the same with guns too, before you go testing that one.
any help???

Quote by gregs1020

^^^
i could get a job but i play high school baseball and in the summer i play for a travel scout team so i dont have time for a job plus i need to focus on baseball since thats what i want to do in college. baseball and music is pretty much my life. and my tar heels.

but anyways, i've heard alot about the classic 30's but i've never had the chance to play one. but i always hear the cleans are lacking. is this true or is it just a stereotype like fender's cant play rock well.

Quote by gregs1020

hmm. i think alot of its preferance. because i loved the deville on the more drive channel with the drive at max and the volume about 1.5 haha. i think it could really scream with a tubescreamer. i saw this band the other day at wild wings who played alot of hard classic rock stuff like def lepp and van halen. the dude was playing a hughes and kettner head into a marshall cab and his tone was freaken insane. with a distortion/overdrive i think i could come pretty close to that with the deville. any other ideas? any are their really no multi effects that arent horrible? like a floor pod or something? i'm not looking for like a modeling thing trust me i've had my fair share of that.

Quote by gregs1020

a pod generally sounds good through a POWER AMP. not a regular tube amp. if you play it thru a regular tube amp (deville). the tubes will colour your tone too much... which you dont want because you want all the tone to come from the pod. pods obviously lack the dynamic of a real tube amp but thee modelling is pretty spot on.
^^
ok thanks man. i'm definatly going for the tube sound not the modelling sound so i'll rule that out then. i guess i can just buy individual pedals gah i wish i could make some money.
so how would a deville sound with a good distortion/overdrive and which ones should i consider

Quote by gregs1020