So I have this Bass Amp that no one uses and I'm starting a band soon, I was wondering would a 60 watt bass amp be loud enough to hear someone sing through an entire band, Drums,2 Guitars and a Bass, It Would be easier since I'm Playing drums and just have the amp home, Do you guys think the amp would be loud enough? Hes a screamer so I think it should be loud enough plus he sings, also I could use a mixer to boost his mic into the amp so I Could here him better? Wound this be a good Idea or would it hurt the bass amp?
The bass amp is designed to handle many frequencies, so you should be fine. Hell, I do it. Singing also sounds better through a bass amp than a guitar amp. 60 watts should be fine. That's how many watts mine is.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Gretsch G6118T Anniversary
Fender Standard Telecaster
Epi Les Paul Standard
Fender Showmaster

Peavey Valveking Half Stack

My YouTube Channel
If he's a screamer you will be fine I think. And it may hurt the amp but if no one uses it anymore, put it to good use. Currently my band is using a karaoke mic into a guitar amp and its passable. whatever makes him heard i suppose.
My Gear:
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 45 1x12
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS CE-2 Chorus
ISP Decimator
It'd be hard to hear, I think. It wont damage the amp as far as I know. Bass amps can handle everything
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic