I've been playing guitar for a few years now, I've been trying my best to teach myself. But I've kind of hit a roadblock..I don't know what to practice or try to learn now..I just learned economy picking, I can do some sweep-picking..but thats really it as far as "advanced" techniques go..could anyone possibly help me?

Sorry in advanced if this is in the wrong forum.
But...why would you bake a cake in the woods? No one bakes a cake in the woods! :O

...BATTLE CLERIC!
Listen to lots of music, and when you hear something that sounds within your skill level, then look it up, or try it by ear (Best way IMO, but hard as ****)
its pretty simple
Maybe try to learn some easy-ish solos, Sunshine of my love comes to mind.
I'm FAT!
learn Technical Difficulties by Racer X. great for building techniques. then learn Scarified. and then learn Arpeggios from Hell.
You may have learned those techniques, but does that mean you can do them well?

Practice them, and if you don't already, practice them with a metronome.
Check the advanced techniques forum.

However, it's not "what" you do, it's how well you do it.

You take 99% of what Vai does and call it "picking", "legato" and "whammy bar techniques" - but there's a huge difference between your "picking legato and whammy bar licks" and his.
I agree with freepower 100%. We're all just making sound in time, it's what sounds and when we're making them that make us different.

Basically just saying what he did in a more general format.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.