Page 1 of 2
hidey ho metal forum.
i'm doing a little research for a paper that i have to write and i thought i could use UG for a source... think you guys could answer me a few questions?

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?:

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore):

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Y/N
--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.):

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?:
Go Veg.

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Nope

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Arch Enemy, some Epica

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Yes
--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): She doesn't do anything. I'm her boyfriend, and no band = no shows

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Opeth, Opera IX, Wintersun, Devil Doll, whatever works.

Does that help?

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Nope

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): hmm... Arch Enemy

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Y/N [No]
--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.):

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Female friends? DOHOHOHO, i kill and eat all my female friends. So i suppose they typically listen to the gyrations of my stomach and intestinal muscles.
Quote by im not mental
hidey ho metal forum.
i'm doing a little research for a paper that i have to write and i thought i could use UG for a source... think you guys could answer me a few questions?

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?:

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore):

Although Im not primarily a metal fan, I am in a metal band so Ill give this a go

hidey ho metal forum.

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?:No, Im more likely to check a band out if they have female members, but I wont like or dislike the music based on their members,

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Paramore, No Doubt, All That Remains, Some Arch Enemy, Lacuna Coil, more im sure.

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Not really, My female friends only listen to metal if I put it on or show it to them. They will come watch me play though. Theyre usually upfront cheering at me.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Depending on the friend, anything from rap and pop to indie and rock.

Hope this helps.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Not at all.

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Arch Enemy, Ensiferum, Sinergy.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: ****, all that Fall Out Boy type crap.
Last edited by bloodtrocuted93 at Mar 17, 2009,

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: No

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Arch Enemy, In This Moment, Kittie, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Octavia Sperati, Otep, Within Temptation.

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Not particularly.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Whatever. We all have MASSIVELY different tastes.

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: yes, because women ruin metal

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): children of bodom

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): N, women don't listen to real metal, maybe just some power metal/metalcore because it's catchy enough for them

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: radio music and anything untr00

Anyways... Coincedently I don't listen to many metal bands with female members, nor do I listen to any female fronted metal bands, not because I have somethihng against it..it's just..coincedence?

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: No.

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Made Out of Babies, Bloody Panda, Lacuna Coil, Epica, Boris, Sigh. Maybe a few others.

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Yes. And, not very often, to be honest. I'm sure if they had the money, they would, though. And, yeah, they mosh about a bit. They just like to have a good time.

What do many of your female friends typically listen to?: In general? Mostly some of the more mainstream rock and some metalcore/scenecore. A few listen to some grindcore. Even fewer listen to post metal, some death metal, and anything that piques (sp?) their interest.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Not really. If there are, that's great. If not, w/e. Metal is a predominantly male culture anyway.

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Kathaarsys, In the Woods..., Ikuinen Kaamos [last I checked the bassist was of the female gender...], Sigh, Amesoeurs.

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): No. I have a few female friends who enjoy Opeth, and that's about it; or they just enjoy a few borderline metal bands/mainstream/well-known metal bands.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: I dunno, rock, pop?
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Mar 17, 2009,

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Not really.

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Arch Enemy, All That Remains, Gallhammer. There's more, but not in metal.

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Yes.

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Stand back and watch.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: J-rock, Radio Top 40 stuff.
Wow, looking at this thread, I seem to be lucky to know chicks who like anything remotely metal, so far.

I still can't believe I know a chick who likes/knows post metal. Granted a lot of what she knows was shown to her by me, but she knew Pelican, ISIS, and I think another band or two before I even met her. o_O

Saxo-Walrus

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: If I do I don't know it. We're all a little judgemental on the inside.

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Arch Enemy?....

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Chicks at metal concerts seem to be the female version of the male metal douchebags. I've never seen a normal one. EVER.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: The usual ****. Pop, indie, hip-hop...

/cries

Could someone post a link to permanent erection treatments in advance? Just in case I ever run into a real female metalhead
Last edited by hans testiclees at Mar 17, 2009,

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: No

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Amesoeurs, Equilibrium, Forest Stream, Gorod, In the Woods..., Kauan, Peccatum, The Ocean (but they have like a million members lolz), To-Mera, Wolves in the Throne Room (not a member, but a session vocalist iirc)

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? [Y]
--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Don't have that many; not that often; 1 and 2.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Not metal :s

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: No.

Arch enemy, Gallhammer, Epica, Black like vengeance, Lacuna coil, Virgin Black, eluveitie, Black orchid, Nightwish. I'm note even going to keep going there's so many that are good.

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Stand right up front and enjoy the show if possible, goes to see friends bands and will come to shows with me on the odd occasion. That goes for about 3 female friends i have.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: pop, classical, punk, -Core, Black metal, prog, symphonic metal, Melodic death and I've been pushing death metal a fair bit too with some success onto the metal listeners. =D
I am me. Live with it.
Last edited by DeAd-RiP at Mar 17, 2009,

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Often I end up being alot more amazed by ones with female members, just because they have the balls (or breasts) to put themselves out there as one of the guys. Warms my spirit. I'd love to hang with Angela Gossow. xD

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Nightwish, Arch Enemy, Lacuna Coil, etc.

EDIT: Totally forgot Virgin Black.

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): No.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Most of them listen to either neo-emocore crap or hip-hop.
Bring back 80's speed metal.

*seinfeld slap bass solo*

ba doop bop bop bingo badanggg
Quote by MasterOfTheAxe

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Often I end up being alot more amazed by ones with female members, just because they have the balls (or breasts) to put themselves out there as one of the guys. Warms my spirit. I'd love to hang with Angela Gossow. xD

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Nightwish, Arch Enemy, Lacuna Coil, etc.

EDIT: Totally forgot Virgin Black.

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): No.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Most of them listen to either neo-emocore crap or hip-hop.

you so didn't, you saw my post.
I am me. Live with it.
Last edited by DeAd-RiP at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by DeAd-RiP
you so didn't, you saw my post.

I know I did xD

But I totally forgot their guitarist was a girl, I've liked since I was 12, Drink the Midnight Hymn was stuck in my head for ages.
Bring back 80's speed metal.

*seinfeld slap bass solo*

ba doop bop bop bingo badanggg

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Not really, but it does catch my eye everytime I discover one.

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Arch Enemy, Drain STH

Yes

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Two out of probably 5 of them go to shows, and they go at least once a month. They don't typically mosh but they are pretty active.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Metallica, Pantera, (they always dislike Megadeth and Dave's voice for some reason)
Hmm, I sense a trap to lure teenage girls in thinking they got the same musical tastes as you

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?:N, Music > Image

All that Remains, Arch Enemy, Eths (on occasion), Haggard, Draconian

N

Rnb, Pop, Pop-rock and all that shizzle

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: no

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): electric wizard, haemorrhage, arch enemy, thorr's hammer, monarch, etc

Y

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): depends...some like to mosh, some like sitting kind of to the side of the pit, so they can watch that + the band, some go to the front and headbang...more for standing and watching both though.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: everything...some are more into maiden, priest and ozzy, one is more into hellhammer, emperor, dissection, etc. a bit of everything really.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?:No

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore):My band, Electric Wizard, Arch Enemy, All That Remains

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Y/N[YES]
--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.):More than I do, she stands in the back, but only because she has issues with touching strangers.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Simular music to myself, metal mostly.
Quote by Meths

fret-less is wrong on most of his other points though. And he's an idiot.
Quote by Mr Lincolnlogs
Whos penis is small? fret-less's

FREE COREYSMONSTER! I'm not changing this until you RE-BAN CoreysMonster forever.
(He was mean to me once, and I'm a petty man)

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: no

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): gallhammer, nightwish

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? N

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: brit rock/pop, alt. rock, indie pop
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Nightwish, Virgin Black, Kauan, Arch Enemy, Epica, Unexpect etc.

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Never. n/a.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Metal, country, techno, pop, and rap
Last edited by Kusabi at Mar 17, 2009,

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? Dance Gavin Dance, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Emarosa, Angels and Airwaves.

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? No

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: R&B(heaping ****loads of it), Rap, Alternative Rock, Post-Hardcore
Peavey 6505+
Avatar 412 W/ Vintage 30s G12K100s
Pod HD500

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Holy Moses, Electric Wizard

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): One moshes, one stands back, one never goes...

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Power Metal, Nightwish, or the mainstream crap like LoG..

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: nope, I like them for he music they make

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): nightwish, within temptation, delain, more nightwish cos i love 'em

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Y/N Y
--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): they dont go to shows, they just listen to a reasonable number of the songs

varies from indie and forms of hip hop to stuff like take that and michael buble
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: No, as long as they are able to play their instrument and make enjoyable I'm fine.

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Bolt Thrower.

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Nope. They don't exist around here.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Anything that's on the TV or new mostly.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Enter Chaos

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): No

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Pop, rap, indie, emo, or alternative rock.
Every metal show I go to there is a considerable amount of attractive normal looking females thoroughly enjoying the pit and throwing their hair everywhere.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Not at all. If it sounds good then I'll like it.

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Sacralis, Mevatron, **** the Facts, Disgust, Unexpect, Serene Molestation.

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Y
She's the vocalist of the band I just joined. Typically as far as I know she's in the pit with everyone else. When she's up on stage she's pretty wild... gets girls to take their shirts off and stuff like that. She's by far the best female growler I have ever heard (seriously, she makes some men sound like crap.)

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Most of them are into indie, folk, or pop.
Last edited by Inimical at Mar 17, 2009,

I tend to like bands with male vocalists since they bring the aggression to the table in much more concentrated and potent doses.

To-Mera, Aghora, Asmegin, Unexpect, The Great Collapse, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Lumsk, Bolt Thrower, Electric Wizard.

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Yes, one.

If me and my friends are going, she's much more likely to come along to see a band she's not that interested in. Other than that, she seems to go rather sporadically and not too often. She stands there and watches the band basically.

That one specifically listens to Aghora, Agalloch, Cynic, Meshuggah, Devil Doll, E.S. Posthumous, AIDS Wolf, Faith and the Muse and a hell of a lot of anything with "goth" "darkwave" "dark ambient" "electronica" "experimental" and a slew of other tags in the name.
I've found Jesus

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: Yes, on account of me being a big ol' chauvinistic mysogynist.
Of course not.

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Electric Wizard, Arch Enemy, unexpecT, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Holy Moses, a wee bit Nightwish, Judas Priest, Dream Theater

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Some mosh, some just headbang, all of them are adamant about being first row and center stage.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Mainstream music. That means anything mainstream, be it pop, rap, rock, or whatever. Most are fairly open minded about music, and quite a few asked me to make them a metal CD that I think they will like.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by technicolour

Is your tendency to like a certain band dependent on whether or not there are female members?: yes, because women ruin metal

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): children of bodom

--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): N, women don't listen to real metal, maybe just some power metal/metalcore because it's catchy enough for them

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: radio music and anything untr00

Anyways... Coincedently I don't listen to many metal bands with female members, nor do I listen to any female fronted metal bands, not because I have somethihng against it..it's just..coincedence?

Umm... everyone in Children Of Bodom is male...
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Oh really....look again......

I've found Jesus
Quote by bloodtrocuted93

Wow...............

Saxo-Walrus

Male

No

Nightwish, Delain, After Forever, Therion, Arch Enemy

I don't have any friends who are into metal, so no

Pop, hip-hop, mainstream stuff

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Nightwish, Delain, Diablo Swing Orchestra

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Yes. I don't think she goes to shows that often, due to being a student and therefore having a lack of funds. From the shows I have been to with her, I can't say I stopped to take notes on how she acted.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: I believe she's on folk metal at the moment.

no
What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore):Arch enemy, Ensiferum, Eluvitie, Bolt thrower

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Y/N Yes
--If you answered yes, how often do they go to shows, and what do they typically do (mosh, stand back and listen to the music, just go because their boyfriend's in the band, etc.): Some of them, don't know what they do

Taylor swift, Lil wayne, all other bull like that.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Mar 18, 2009,

What are some bands with female members that you listen to? (i'll be lenient with metalcore): Electric Wizard

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene? Yes, she usually moshes the whole way through a show.

what do many of your female friends typically listen to?: Indie, pop, lots of stuff tbh.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.

- No, not at all. If they play music that's of interest to me, gender is of no relevance. Same goes if they're ****.

Electric Wizard, Gallhammer, Theatre of Tragedy, Arkona, Alkonost, Boris, The River, Lucifugum. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but of course there are plenty more

Do you have any female friends who are into the metal scene?

yeah, I have a few, most of them go to quite a lot of shows, local/international. How they act is dependent on the person though. Basically all behaviours that your question mentioned and then some.

My closest friend is big on progressive/power metal and black metal, then in order of preference doom, trad. heavy, and death metal, plus random stuff I send her from time to time. Most of the others are into black metal.

As for the rest of them that aren't necessarily into the metal scene, it varies quite widely from jazz to mainstream radio to <insert genre>, so hard to say anything specific in that regard

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Mar 17, 2009,
Page 1 of 2