Hi guys,

I have a (2007 model?) ESP Horizon FR-II which I bought second hand about 6 months ago. As far as I can tell from the reading I have done it should have active pickups. The pickups are Seymour Duncans, and on the control cavity on the back it has a picture of a rubbish bin with a cross through it, which indicates to me that that is where the battery for the pickups is.

The problem is that I opened up the control cavity and there is no battery in there. There isn't a clip or anything either. It looks as though it is not meant to have a battery. AFAIK these guitars all have active pickups though? All the solder joints look nice and clean, so if it has been modded it was probably professionally done.

Does anyone have any ideas on why it might be setup like this?
I think they used to ship with passives.

The cross through the trash can I believe is intented for the guitar itself.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
they may have pre-routed in the battery slot in case the purchaser may be interested in customizing the guitar to have active pickups? it might just be a nice thing they do with their guitars.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
FR-II came in both SD and EMG options. the bin with the cross through it really means don't throw the guitar away or some **** like possibly related to ROHS.
They do make Horizon FR-II with both EMG and Seymour Duncan pickups. The info on the website is just for your references. Based on what I see that it.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R