Okay, about two months ago my apartment burnt. Most of my guitars were saved because they had blankets on them, but when I restrung them I noticed that one was buzzing really badly. Now given, i'm using .09's but I was using them before on the guitar and it didn't buzz this badly. I've had to adjust the action higher than I like to make the thing playable and I was wondering if maybe the fire had messed with my truss rod. I'm inclined to ask about this first because the idea of messing with my truss rod makes me break out into cold sweat slightly. Basically, i'm wondering what your thoughts on this is and/or how I can fix my problem, thanks.
Quote by t_heff
10 points to anyone who can come up with a good way to mock jesus
why did your guitars have blankets on them?
███████████████████████████████████
Mostly because of pure luck, I think I had thrown the blanket off of me when I got up and my guitars and amp were right by my bed.
Quote by t_heff
take a look down the neck. you're gonna want it to be just about straight. if its bent, then thats what the truss rod is there to adjust.

theres lots of how-tos online, google it and you should get instructions on more detailed 'what you're looking for', and 'what to do'
Just loosen the truss rod.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Thanks, I just needed to know if it were logical that the heat would indeed mess with the truss rod.
Quote by t_heff
It might have but I don't think it would have been a HUEG affector, most probable cause of action is to replace the strings with 10s.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
It wouldn't suprise me if the heat did mess with the truss rod.
Think about it, a metal component in a fairly exposed position (i.e its not behind a something big,its behind a few centimetres of wood) and of course with heat the metal would expand causing the truss rod to tighten which would result in fret buzz.
If anything I would be more worried about the bridge rather than the truss rod.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.