Page 1 of 3
Which artists do you respect the most in terms of musical integrity and the amount of time and effort they put into their work. I'd have to say Nick Cave simply because the man to this day continues to put out some high quality work as well as being involved in various other films and literary works.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Benjamin Gibbard

That man is a god, and he has had 4 successful projects over his career. That takes talent.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Devin Townsend
Justin Broadrick
Steven Wilson

Off the top of my head.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
<3 Joe Jonas <3
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
Jack Johnson and Dave Grohl for sure
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Tom Morello

&

Ultra-Mega Flameshield!!!

Blink-182
For the sole reason they wrote the whole of ''Take off your Pants & Jacket" in 2 weeks! & before you start flaming I think 90% of the pit would be hard up to write 2 or 3 songs in 2 weeks!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
mostlly drummers because they go on drum forums and talk to you, have less ego than guitarists and share their secrets. I respect Paco De Lucia because he is the most complete musician since Beethoven, and he is totally cool about it.
Quote by gunners fan
Blink-182
For the sole reason they wrote the whole of ''Take off your Pants & Jacket" in 2 weeks! & before you start flaming I think 90% of the pit would be hard up to write 2 or 3 songs in 2 weeks!

Blink 182 are sick and it's nice to see a pop punk band that doesn't have a drummer that plays a simple rock beat all song, every song.
Sting. I've never really listened to the music he's made over his career, but I just respect the fact that he's making it. +>9000 to whoever gets the reference.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Joe Satriani, he's a nice guy, and he's probably the guy who would get the most if he sold out. Seriously, if he actually joined a serious full band attempt instead of a solo project he'd make loads more money and gain way more fame. However, he just wouldn't have such an awesome solo project.
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
Joe Satriani, he's a nice guy, and he's probably the guy who would get the most if he sold out. Seriously, if he actually joined a serious full band attempt instead of a solo project he'd make loads more money and gain way more fame. However, he just wouldn't have such an awesome solo project.

Chickenfoot, my friend.
"Perception of Balance " - My album.

"Run away from the ending road, the desolate cold, and the broken home."
Quote by MetaMegaMagic
Joe Satriani, he's a nice guy
Yeah? Tell that to Coldplay.

Seriously, if he actually joined a serious full band attempt instead of a solo project he'd make loads more money and gain way more fame. However, he just wouldn't have such an awesome solo project.

I don't suppose you've heard of the supergroup Chickenfoot then?
Quote by salsawords
Sting. I've never really listened to the music he's made over his career, but I just respect the fact that he's making it. +>9000 to whoever gets the reference.

Are you talking about his speech 'Music is its own reward'

Twas quite memorable for me
Quote by DegaMeth
Are you talking about his speech 'Music is its own reward'

Twas quite memorable for me

Go watch Zoolander right now.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

If Tokyo counts as a percussion instrument, the musician i respect most is Godzilla.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by The Madcap
This thread is about to get ugly.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by The Madcap

I don't blame him for suing them over the song but there was an article on the front page talking about how he had a team of lawyers following them around and heckling them or something. That was pretty funny to me.
Quote by salsawords
Go watch Zoolander right now.

go watch some decent films buddy. i hate that hollywood pseudo comedy bull****
Quote by The Madcap

aww, it was post 18! no one would ever see it after 20. we coulda let it skate by.

ah well, i guess this thread goes to pointless bickering, like all threads before it.
Eric Clapton; through the many bands, solo music and his general life experiences (drug addiction, family passing)... this man has shaped music and has inspired many.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
I hear you on Nick Cave.
Anyhoo, I really love the Chemical Brothers. Fantastic beats, excellent mixing, great DJ sets, amazing, danceable songs. They know their craft, and they've never really released anything bad.
Probably my favorite active musician is Damon Albarn. The man can't stop making excellent music, in fact, the only thing with his name on it that I didn't like was that new band with the bassist from The Clash. Every Blur album is exquisite save the first, which is merely great. Every Gorillaz album is excellent. His voice, lyrics, music, general sexiness, etc, all really add up to an intriguing artist.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by The Madcap

I was expecting it to get bad after the first post.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Trent Reznor

for a second i thought you meant Trevor Reznik, and i was totally impressed with your post.

that second has passed.
Dave Mustaine, the way he kicked drugs is just inspiring.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
i dunno about you guys but i really like fiddy cent cus he's been shot so many times.
Page 1 of 3