I've been looking to get a decent OD for my bass, right now I have a DS-1 which is alright but not really what I am looking for. I really just want something to give me more of an overdriven tone.. I've played the ODB-3 and I like it a lot better than the DS-1 I have now. Just wondering what you guys think of the ODB-3 or any other suggestions on different pedals(I'm open to step away from Boss pedals )
ODB-3 is a fuzz effect. if you like fuzz, I suggest looking at bassfuzz.com.

if you like OD, look at Sansamp
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I would check out the SansAmp Bass Driver for sure. There are some sound clips of it at musiciansfriend.com. Also for $10 more you can get the 3 channel programmable Bass Driver aswell.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
The Sansamp DI is always well recommended, and it has the added bonus of being a DI, not just a OD unit. There is a similar MXR unit as well, but of the two, the Sansamp has a better rep (grace a Geddy Lee).
If you're looking for dedicated OD, there's the Ashdown Hyperdrive, which is superb value for money, at half the price of the Sansamp and MXR. There are soundbites on bassplayer.tv or on ChemicalFire's profile (if he doesn't mind being promoted...)
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
The OD-3 pedal is one that sounds great when you first buy it, does OK for the fuzz pedal it is but is a bear to dial in a perfect sound. Its a good pedal but definitely not the best OD pedal. The Fulltone has a great OD sound and is a better option.
picked up a danelelctro "big daddy" overdrive at a pawn shop one time for 15 u.s $, not a bad thing IMO
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
I would reccomend the ODB3, especially if you like it. I use mine for sutble overdrive, never anything insane, and mines exactly what i want.
Quote by The 7.18
I would reccomend the ODB3, especially if you like it. I use mine for sutble overdrive, never anything insane, and mines exactly what i want.

me too I'll reccomend it
Quote by anarkee
The OD-3 pedal is one that sounds great when you first buy it, does OK for the fuzz pedal it is but is a bear to dial in a perfect sound. Its a good pedal but definitely not the best OD pedal. The Fulltone has a great OD sound and is a better option.

The more I play with it, the more I think of it as a fizzy distortion rather than a fuzz. I have the treble rolled back to a bit below 9 o'clock and I am getting quite a nice heavy distiortion out of it. Great for leads and being overly heavy. Completely impractical, but not too bad. I would not recommend it as being your only gain based pedal, but it is fun to play around with.

For OD, look at Fulltone Bass Drive and Sansamp VT 21 or whatever it's called. Much more musical and controlled overdrives.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1