Page 1 of 2
I first heard them on You Can't Handle the Tooth
I just bought it for Classic Crime, but I like a lot more artists from that label now
Funny I should see this thread, I'm wearing an Anberlin t-shirt right now. They're not bad for a bunch of Christians, really.. And I think there may be a thread on them already

Cities is a wonderful album, as is Never Take Friendship Personal. Paperthin Hymn is a bloody brilliant song.
Oh, i searchbarred it but nothing came up. I think their newer album is a bit 'poppy' but still good nonetheless. Cities is my favorite, Godspeed with the epic chorus and solo, and the 12 string brilliance of The Unwinding Cable Car. Also kai, may i ask where you got that t-shirt???
Fair enough then, could've sworn I'd posted in one before.. Maybe it was in the Alt/Indie forum. Who cares.

And my girlfriend got the shirt for me from Soundwave.. Unfortunately I couldn't go.

I'm in the mood to listen to them right now but the CDs are in the car..!
I like them lots Don't have a fav. song, I like them all!
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
I love Anberlin. They are a really good band, even though I'm not really crazy religious. I'm currently obsessed with the song Dance Dance Christa Päffgen
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

all I've got is new surrender. and I'm loving it lots.

retrace may be one of my top 10 favorite songs.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by halvies
yeah apparently they don't like mixing religion and music together or something like that

I like the way they keep the two separate. I don't mind if you're Christian, Catholic, Muslim, whatever, it just annoys me when I hear people singing about God/Allah/Jesus etc.

And 'annoys' is a massive understatement.
Quote by Uber-rocker
I like the way they keep the two separate. I don't mind if you're Christian, Catholic, Muslim, whatever, it just annoys me when I hear people singing about God/Allah/Jesus etc.

And 'annoys' is a massive understatement.

I never paid much attention to the lyrics. I had no clue they sang about god sometimes...
or at all
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

Quote by halvies
haha, i get where your coming from, i dont really mind people singing about god, but it can definitely get annoying if you do it too much. Anberlin do really well to keep the two apart i think

I don't mean to offend anyone - I'm an atheist, but I'm not anti-theistic in any way.. Just singing about God annoys me though. To the point where it turns me off music temporarily.

Quote by mikko 9119
I never paid much attention to the lyrics. I had no clue they sang about god sometimes...
or at all

I can't instantly recall an Anberlin song where religion is the main lyrical theme..
I love Anberlin =D

Been listening to them a lot recently, a bit poppy compared to what I'd normally listen to I guess, but yeah, great band. =]
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
I'm planning on seeing them with taking back sunday and envy on the coast.

crazy thing is these three bands have been in my top 10 or as long as I can remember.

can't wait.
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

No one's mentioned their masterpiece *Fin
That song is so dynamic, it makes me shudder. I love them first for that song.

If you haven't heard it, go check it out!
Good stuff... I may be seeing them along with Family Force 5 and some other bands at some festival in August.
Quote by Travesty_Prone
No one's mentioned their masterpiece *Fin
That song is so dynamic, it makes me shudder. I love them first for that song.

If you haven't heard it, go check it out!

Glad I read that, I was just about to mention it, actually. Epic song. That's all I have to say.
Quote by halvies
my version is stuffed, when i "acquired" it, the song skips through different parts of other songs. Not happy, but The unwinding cable car makes up for it. I have grown a love for 12 strings ever since i heard that song

I listened to Cities the whole way through the other day for the first time in a while. I'd forgotten how much of a solid album it is.
I like em okay
MUSIC

Black > Classic

UG BLACK BRIGADE

Quote by punkforlife93
hit him in the balls, prefferably from below so as for maximum testacular pain

Quote by Strato-Massacre
1) stick him in his kisser, quick!
2) repeat step one.
yup. None of their songs are religious.

They are just a band who all happen to be christian..
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Ganoosh
yup. None of their songs are religious.

They are just a band who all happen to be christian..

it may be just me interpreting them weird, but i always thought burn out brighter (northern lights) was pretty directed towards dying for god..
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

I like Feel Good Drag by them but that seems to talk of someone possessed or at least that's what I got out of it. Catchy song though.
Page 1 of 2