So i'm going to solder my killswitch soon and i looked at many diagrams but i just want to make sure that i will do it right.
So i took a picture of the killswitch lying net to the volume pot and i drew 2 lines with paint to show you guys how i think it needs to be soldered
Will this work?:

Also, with soldering, there is very little space between the things the solder needs to be on and im scared that i will solder the other things(sorry cant find the word in english) too so that it wont work, how can i do it right?
do you have a diagram of what you got now?

For the wiring, the solder usually sticks to the copper pads or lugs so it wont go over to the next thing...
Cant find a diagram that fits my stuff :P
So i made one myself(i tried...):

i hope that is enough
edit: just saying: the collors in the diagram are not the same as in the picture in the original post
Last edited by Benjami at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by Benjami
So i took a picture of the killswitch lying net to the volume pot and i drew 2 lines with paint to show you guys how i think it needs to be soldered
Will this work?
Yes.

Quote by Benjami
Also, with soldering, there is very little space between the things the solder needs to be on and im scared that i will solder the other things(sorry cant find the word in english) too so that it wont work, how can i do it right?
Those spaces are HUGE. You should have no problem. There is no reason to bridge between connections unless you're very sloppy.

Wipe the excess solder from the tip of your iron by wiping it on a damp sponge or cotton cloth. Put only a tiny amount of solder on the tip to help conduct the heat to the parts you're soldering together. Heat the joint from one side and apply the solder from the other. When the solder begins to flow, stop applying solder and remove the heat. You only need enough solder to connect the parts together, not big globs.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Yes.

Those spaces are HUGE. You should have no problem. There is no reason to bridge between connections unless you're very sloppy.

Wipe the excess solder from the tip of your iron by wiping it on a damp sponge or cotton cloth. Put only a tiny amount of solder on the tip to help conduct the heat to the parts you're soldering together. Heat the joint from one side and apply the solder from the other. When the solder begins to flow, stop applying solder and remove the heat. You only need enough solder to connect the parts together, not big globs.

thanks man
wire it across your jack. one wire on the hot connection (to tip) and the other wire to the ground. middle and one edge connection on the switch is needed.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x